40 : Search Warrant

~[13/08/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

I never imagined that this is how the case will go. I could never imagine that Hobi could actually date a married woman and get her pregnant. He used to be so responsible and dutiful. The moment I learned that he did something illegal with prof Kim, I lost a little faith in him. But that was kind of understandable because he was in need of money. But he should have been careful with Yeri when in the first place he shouldn't even date her.

I am here, standing in front of prof Park's apartment in one of the richest buildings in Seoul. I wonder, why would she get money from Hobi when she could have lied to him that she was pregnant with her husband? She could have told Mr. Park that she was pregnant, instead of telling Hobi. After all, Mr. Park Hyungsik seems pretty rich.

But, I guess, she is the only one who can clarify things. Maybe she can tell me something which can help me find out why Hobi went to that Retro building. 

I ring the doorbell once and wait. It takes time for me to hear the footsteps coming to the door. I step back and the door opens.

"Good morning professor!" I say.

Professor Park Yuna looks bad. She looks pale, dressed in homely clothes and I wonder if the ectopic pregnancy is getting harsh on her. Seems like she hasn't got the treatment yet.

"What brings you here, Hana?" she asks with a shocked tone but expressionless pale face. 

I feel sorry for everything she has to go through. But somewhere in my heart, I also don't want to feel bad for her. She shouldn't have cheated on her husband. Why did she do that? 

I try to be sweet but my root sarcastic nature doesn't help much.

"I thought... you'll need my help with your upcoming treatment."

I can see she is freaking out because she wouldn't have expected me to know about her pregnancy. I can see her grip on the door getting tight with nervousness. Even after talking to me all this time, she still feels anxious around me. Do I look that scary? 

"How did you know I live here?"

That wasn't something I expected her to ask. She could have asked 'What do you mean by treatment?' or maybe she could have told me 'I don't understand what you are saying!'.

Surprisingly, she is accepting the truth that I am aware of her pregnancy thing. And yeah, about me getting her address, Hobi's admirer - Kim Seokjin helped me get that because he will do anything to get justice for his love's death.

"I don't think that's important professor when you are carrying Hosek's child!" I say, trying to get into her apartment. 

Her eyes are wide open looking at me in disbelief. There is a terror inside her building up like volcanic fluids. I didn't mean to scare her but I cannot help if she gets afraid of all the stuff she did, like cheating on her husband. 

I brush past her and sit on the couch in her living room. The room is enormous and clean. The couch is super huge, enough for any couple to sleep on it. 

She closes the door behind her and then sits in front of me, on the couch. She doesn't even offer me tea or coffee, or even water. She just sits there with a pathetic expression.

"What do you want this time?" she asks, leaving a heavy sigh.

"The complete truth!" I say, crossing my legs. "You are with Hoseok's child, aren't you? You went to the Omma Maternity Hospital with him, didn't you? You need $7000 from your ectopic pregnancy treatment, don't you?"