29 : Be careful

~[28/07/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

"Hana?"

Did he just call my name? Who is he? How does he know me? By chance... no way. He can't be Hoseok. Then who?

"Who's he?" Jungkook whispers in my ear and I feel him tightening his grip on my waist. My heart stops beating inside my heart and I almost forget to breathe.

By chance... the killer? Could he be someone I know?

But slowly the dark figure comes near me. And I still can't see him. I move one of my hands on the floor to find something. But no luck. 

Every step he takes towards us, I try to shift back but I can't. There is a freaking door behind. The only way to escape is to open the door and lock ourselves inside it with the rat. And then we can jump out of the window.

Rat or this possible killer?

I'd choose rat! 

He is almost one step far when I attempt to move my hand towards the door handle. 

"We gotta escape kook, run as I open the--" I whisper to Jungkook but suddenly I spot the gun cover hanging on that guy's waist. 

HE HAS A GUN! 

My hands tremble at that sight. I am mentally rubbing my eyes to see his face but I can't. And trying to run away won't help us. He has a gun and he can shoot us.

"When?" Jungkook whispers but right after that moment, that guy takes his last step.

A dark yet admiring body figure.

Our lives are in his hands. Either we escape or die.

He bends down to my face level. And I feel something strange and confusing. 

My sixth sense says I know him. 

But now he tries to lean forward.

I shrug off my stupid senses out of my brain and tighten my grip on Jungkook's head.

As a reflex, I give my best and yell from the bottom of my lungs to hit him in his eyes. 

But he grabs my wrist with one hand and covers my mouth with another.

"It's me, Hana! ME. YOONGI." He yells with a whisper and my eyes widen with shock. Jungkook immediately gets up to sit beside me with one of his hands still around my waist.

What the heck is he doing here?

Yoongi swiftly moves back to the door, closes it, and turns on the lights.

"What the hell Hana? At least pick up my calls!"

I and Jungkook both shut our eyes with the sudden exposure of lights. But soon, I manage to open them and stare at that guy standing in front of us with the gun cover on his waist.

He's no other than my ex-boyfriend - Min Yoongi. I confirm.

However, I must be really scared to not understand that normal people won't have such gun cover on their waist. Why didn't I think that he could be a cop? Aishhh.

I feel so stupid now.

Jungkook helps me get up and now we are standing. Yoongi has one hand resting on his hip and the other scratching his head in frustration. I look at him and Jungkook looks at me, holding the hem of my shirt again.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi murmurs with concern. 

How did he know I was here tonight?

I nodded assuring him that I am okay and then he glares at Jungkook clenching my shirt. Jungkook is silent and I am worried for him. He must have thought of death for a second. I am so sorry to him. It's my fault. I should have come alone.