27 : Series of an Idiot

~[26/07/2022]

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV:

This dance show is really addictive.

After finishing my dance classes and part-time job for today, I finally rest on my couch watching television. Since I joined Jimin Hyung's team for the Contemporary competition, I get easily tired these days.

I switch off the TV and head to my bedroom when my phone rings. I search for my phone and when I do, I read the name - Noona

Reading her name should bring a smile to my face but this is not a usual time for her to call. It's 12:17 am. What is she up to?

"Hello!" I say more like clearing my throat.

"Oh hi, Jungkook! Were you sleeping?"

Umm well, I was about to but what aren't you sleeping?

Hearing the noise of a single motorbike from Noona's background, I respond, "No, I am wide awake, Noona. Why? What happened?"

I wait for her response because she is taking too long as if she is making sure no one hears our conversation. A couple of seconds later, she whispers, 

"Do you want to help me with the investigation?"

"Noona!" I say in a serious tone. Because it is dark night outside and she is talking about investigating. That too a murder case. She must be nuts. "Where are you and why are you whispering?"

"Is that a yes or no?" she asks firmly but still whispering.

I know for a fact. If I don't go, she will go around investigating the case by herself for which she doesn't even have official authority. I should better go. At least she won't be alone in this dangerous world.

I quickly go to my closet to change into track pants and a t-shirt. 

"Tell me, where should I come?" I say, quickly putting on a jacket as it is cold outside and then the sneakers that I love to wear anywhere.

She sends me an address via text and in no time I reach there. 

"Noona!!" I exclaim and she turns around with her eyes wide open and her pointer finger on her lips, ordering me to shut my mouth.

We were literally on the main road and I don't know why she wants to whisper. But more importantly, what are we both doing here?

As I reach her, she quickly hands me a piece of paper with an address written on it. Probably it is the same address that she got from one of the students this morning. I thought, she will give this to her so-called ex - Yoongi - but who would know she would investigate by herself?

Now every conversation between us is a whispering game. So, I whispered, 

"Are we going here?" and she nods to make me ask her more questions.

"Can't we just visit in the daytime?"

This time she glares at me. Maybe because I am a fool who doesn't know how to investigate. If she teaches, I am sure I can do that as well. But why at night? It isn't like we are visiting a crime scene.

She grabs the collar of my jacket to pull me down to her level and whispers, 

"We don't know if the cops have been here or not. Whatever the case is, we cannot let anyone know that we have been here."

Well. It kind of makes sense but if this is something we are not supposed to do then why are we doing it? If she is going to this extent to solve a case, imagine her to be a real detective. I swear, she would have a 100% solving rate.