18 : Hobi's whereabouts

~[16/07/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

"Do you know why Hoseok went to the Retro building?"

I asked Yeri who responded with a nod denying it. But I didn't force her to speak because I was just happy that she agreed to let me ask her questions. As long as she answers my questions, I am good.

"Where were you when Hoseok was murdered?"

This time, she lifted her dropped-down head up and looked at me. Her face was pale. Expressionless. And messed with eyeliner smudged under her eyes.

"You mean... the day before he was found dead?" 

Answering her question, I nod up and down because Hobi was found a day after he was killed according to the autopsy report (On Friday). 

"Yeah, the day he was killed, on Thursday," I replied.

"Umm... I was just roaming in the forest garden and waiting for Hoseok to come for our date. I also clicked photos while waiting for him but he never... he never came."

She answered with a huge sigh at the end. It was like she is having difficulty with breathing or something was bothering her. She also showed me the pictures she took and I can confirm with them that she wasn't lying. 

But why do you think she'd go there?

"Why forest garden though?"

Taking her phone back from me, after showing the pictures, she responded.

"Hana! It is really tough when a student is dating his professor. We need to find a place where no one would recognize us."

Well, she had a point. If they needed to hide from the world, the forest garden was a good choice. It was a garden built inside a normal and danger-free forest, right behind the rural marketplace.

But you all. Do you remember the two lies she told me before?

One - She never took bribes.

Two - She never talked about money with Hobi.

I lowkey want to ask these questions again. Because she might tell the truth this time. Now that I know she was Hobi's girlfriend, I can actually believe if she tells me that she asked for money from Hobi as a girlfriend.

But what if she lies again?

What does it make her?

A suspect?

Yeah, that's what I think. Girlfriend killing her boyfriend for money!

"Mrs. Park! I know I have asked this a couple of times now. But I want to ask again. Did you ever ask for any financial help from Hoseok?"

Hearing me, she leaves a big sigh and then reaches out for her fancy water bottle. After gulping a mouthful of water, she leans forward with her hands on the desk and utters,

"I am gonna say the same. I never had any discussion about money with Hoseok. I swear, Hana!"

That's it. 

That was the only thing I was wishing not to happen. But it did. Now what? I cannot stop myself to suspect her!

The second suspect!

Even though I was pitying her and her situation, I guess I won't be able to do it anymore. I might support her as his girlfriend but I cannot just shrug off her lies.

If she turns out to be Hobi's killer then I might again regret comforting a murderer. And I don't want to regret it later.

"So Mrs. Park! What was the last thing Hoseok told you?" I ask confidently.