Umaiza and Nafisa were the souls behind snatching the keys to the guys' doors. The latter also called Jamal's mother and told the woman to do the same which she did without hesitation. Now, they were all sleeping peacefully in their rooms not knowing they were locked up.

"Disconnect the telephone lines here, switch off the CCTV cameras until I tell you to return everything to its order." The ex-major general ordered in a bossy tone and led the way to the room where Yahanasu and Lamido were carelessly sprawled.

"Who did this to her?" Asked Marwa when she sighted Yahanasu's scalded body.

"Your fans bathed her with acid, they still haven't been identified but left traces that made us find out about them. All thanks to Shukrah, our forensic psychologist." Asma explained with a proud smile.

"Hell yeah." Theresa chirped.

"M-Marwa are you here right now? Please forgive me if you're listening to me, I didn't do this because I hate you. H-Habib Murtala Usman, that rich senator's son--" She was cut off by a venomous voice.

"Or stupid womanizer!" Khayr snorted coldly.

"Y-Yes him, he made me do this for one million Naira and the moment I was caught, he booked a flight to leave the country and said I should never contact him again. About M-Mr Lamido, it was a trap laid out by him so that he'll get you rusticated and ruin your education. H-He has used me many times, and anytime I threaten to report him to the dean, he always finds a way to shut me up but because I didn't want to fail his course, I had to g-give in. Y-Your lifestyle has always inspired me Marwa, b-but because I-I had no money for my daily life, I had to take on this task. I-I'm sorry Marwa, I-I'm sorry your highness." A lone tear flowed from her eye as she violently coughed before continuing.

"K-Kevin had told me about his intentions with you since day one, I-I tried to defend you but the guy was too dangerous for me, he threatened to kill my four-year-old brother which left me with no choice but to submit to him. I know you have no hand in his murder and even the rest, t-they were involved in drugs which means the law has been hunting them since day one. I-I wanted to be close to you even for a second, that made me want to dig out some information about you but there was none, y-you were so distant and closed off back in school, I-I thought we'd get along as friends but you were so cold back then, if I had my means to turn back the hands of time, I would've changed my ways and become your friend." She let out a cough and spurt blood.

"Once again, I-I'm sorry your highness, please forgive me and know that it was never my intention to do this. I had no money to take care of my brother and myself, our inheritance was seized by our uncle after we lost our parents in a tragic accident. Your fans did the right thing by bathing me with acid, my skin is burning with regret, I have ruined countless marriages, relationships and friendships just to get money for myself and my little brother, I can feel the bad deeds I've done hunting me down, it's like my whole body is being tied to a heated metallic chain. I-I'm sorry Marwa, please do forgive me, only then will I be able to rest in peace." Yahanasu coughed out blood, the scalds in her body becoming wider, it's not something you'd want to look at twice.

"I-I can't deal with this." The said girl burst into full-blown tears, her friends were about to hold her when she flew to the other side of the room where Lamido was lying on the bare floor, his lips were dry and purple, the stench of urine and how the blackish substance stained his body was prominent. His eyes were unblinkingly open, his body was motionless, one would say he is dead if not for his pulse.

"You caused everything you monster! You are the sole cause of everything." She used all her fighting tactics on him, ranging from the superman punch, two-legged kick, super kick, uppercut and whatnot. Her hair was flying out in different directions, the cape was long gone, and she had gone berserk. Her deadly expression will make even the bravest petrified. What irked her the more was that she wasn't receiving those satisfying painful groans for the man, she tried harder, and harder and harder until she couldn't feel her hands and legs no more.