3-FIRST ENCOUNTER

OMNISCIENT

It was nighttime, Crown Prince Zafeer had just come back from the East wing, where the mosque was situated, and then headed to his chamber in the North wing with the palace guards trailing behind. Even though the place was far, he took the trouble of trekking to and fro because he was craving a walk to figure out what was happening to him.

Those dreamy coffee-brown eyes were so fascinating, he knew there must be a story behind them. He felt connected to them in some way, not that he could comprehend.

He entered his chamber, it was like a mansion on its own. The villa was so gigantic and looked new, it was built the way he ordered before he came back to Nigeria. The exterior was made of glass and solid cement screed, it was painted in different shades of grey.

When he entered the main house, he was impressed by the exquisite taste of his mother. She made sure everything was designed to his liking. In the living room, there was a set of black and golden royal settees, a golden royal console, and a showglass that was lighted up, showcasing different types of traditional incense wood which made him roll his eyes, his mother loved those scents.

He sat down and was about to switch on the 77-inch OLED LG television when a palace guard came and knelt in front of him.

"Your Highness, the messenger wants to meet you," The guard said with his head cascaded down.

"Let him in," Zafeer replied and rose from his supine position just as the said person came and bowed then handed him a file.

"Your highness, this is all the information I could gather about the girl, as you ordered earlier,"

"Leave then," Zafeer excused him and started reading the contents of the file.

"Marwa Kabeer Hassan, second year in student in the therapeutics department, works as a part-time waitress in a restaurant—" He was busy studying the file when something caught his attention.

"She hates royalty and the royals?" He muttered to himself, not knowing that someone heard him.

"Who hates us?" Junaid questioned with a cute frown.

"No one, just thinking of how to deal with the girl that a car in the convoy hit earlier," He answered and folded the file.

"You are hiding something from me, dear brother, I know you better," Junaid grinned mischievously.

"You don't know me," Zafeer defended himself.

"Okay, I don't know you but at least let me help you," Junaid dropped the stack of files in his hand and manoeuvred to where his best friend was sitting.

"I don't need your help," A grumpy Zafeer muttered.

"I know you don't need my help but let me see it," Junaid sighed. Zafeer rolled his eyes before giving him the file containing information about Marwa, including her pictures.

"She is so beautiful and hot," He nonchalantly grinned.

"Did you read well or were you just looking at her pictures?" Zafeer asked.