18-THE FIGHT

OMNISCIENT

With one last look at the transparent polythene bag containing pills of anti-depressants in her hand, Marwa threw the thing deep into the bushes at the end of their alley. She released a huge sigh, praying frantically that she never regrets her decision.

Earlier today during their session, Zafeer had this look on his face that has been making her heart beat faster, he kept smiling and nodding but he didn't say anything about his past. She would have called Turad and asked if everything is alright with her heart, but she will not. Marwa Kabeer Hassan will figure that out by herself.

"Are you practising some throwing skills?" A voice jolted her out of her trance.

"Why did you come, Jamal?" She rolled her eyes heavenwards, her arms were folded.

"My secretary told me you won't be able to make it to work today because you said you are ill, so as the caring friend I am, I had to come and visit" He explained like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I just said that to escape reality. And anyway, what would a sick person do in front of a bush?" She asked

"You are so weird. Who lies about being sick to skip a day of work?" Jamal Malik threw his head back and laughed.

"I am not weird, I'm just unique. Marwa Kabeer Hassan pulled that task off effortlessly with a few wails" She grinned and adjusted her dark blue hoodie.

"Yes, you are unique. Let's try something fun, and don't say no" He grinned

"Of course, I have a right to turn it down, you may be my boss but you can not boss me around. Got that?" She smouldered, the look contouring her chubby cheeks in such a way that made her look majestically intimidating.

"Yes, madame! Sometimes you scare me with this your innocent face" He chortled

"One more word and I won't follow you anywhere" She pointed at him then entered the passenger's seat of his dark red Toyota Tundra.

Jamal shook his head before rounding the enormous car and entering it. He revved up the engine, the air conditioner started doing its work as soft classical music started blasting from the speakers.

"I need to tell Mami" Marwa blurted before he started driving

"I told her. How do you think I would find you if I didn't so?" He cackled before stepping on the gas pedal and driving off, not knowing that someone took their pictures together and is following them at a considerable speed.

"Your majesty, she is out with a guy in a dark red Toyota Tundra, I have sent their pictures together and the plate number of the car. I am following them now" The guard talked, he was assigned as Zafeer's chief guard and the said guy hired him as his private detective, he is paying him five times the amount of his salary just to keep his mouth shut.

Zafeer looked at the said pictures, his heart clenching so tight that he found it hard to breathe. That moment, he started feeling the furiousness coming up to him like a big ball of inferno, he felt bloodthirsty, the urge to instantly behead someone is making him go crazy. How dare she smile with another man other than him?! But the said guy keeps denying his feelings for her, he downright denied that he has anything other than friendship for Marwa, and he won't hesitate to do that again because as far as he is concerned, he just sees her as a close friend, younger sister, his therapist and nothing else.