15-EQUIVOCAL

OMNISCIENT

"Can you stop bugging me for once in your life?" Marwa let out an annoyed hiss at her best friend who kept pestering her since they awoke today.

Marwa narrated everything that she knows about the twin brothers to her, including how they looked ridiculously alike with prince Turad. Shukrah insisted on seeing the two, she felt like something is fishy but she couldn't pinpoint what it was.

"Just do whatever you have to, I want to see the guy that melted those icy walls of yours away" Shukrah wiggled her eyebrows in a teasing way, her shoulder-length hair flipping to one side of her neck. Her hair wasn't jumbled like Marwa's, the said girl is very disorganized.

"For goodness sake don't eat me alive and yes, we are just acquainted and nothing else" She furiously replied and picked up her phone to text Murad, she was surprised that his reply came almost instantly.

Creepy jinn: Will be on our way, devil's sister.

She rolled her eyes and ignored the message, Marwa Kabeer Hassan won't be the one to entertain his tantrums. Shukrah rose from her supine position on Marwa's mattress, she checked her phone for messages only to see a just-in notification popping up on her screen.

"Ahh! I knew he'd be hitched by that model" She let out a scream

"Who is he and who is the model?" A nonplussed Marwa asked

"Crowned prince Zafeer Ibn Harith Baghdad has gotten engaged to the governor's daughter, Nawal Ishaq Makama" Shukrah broke the news

Marwa hissed, the one filled with despise and malice. She hates the mere mention of his name but she doesn't understand why people blindly dote on him. No one has ever seen his picture but people assumed he is a good person, just like that?! Yes, she has reasons for despising him which are going to be known soon.

"Just say the goddamned fucking Arabian and the extremely proud shapeless monkey who uses the mass's fund given to her by the fish-brained governor to slay" Marwa's mood turned harsh all of a sudden, she hates feeling like this but that is the only way to conceal everything about herself.

"Mar--" Shukrah started but she was soon cut off by her friend

"Just go and take your bath" Marwa's eyes were red, she was trying so hard not to vent her anger on Shukrah.

Two people she despises the most have gotten engaged, it didn't surprise her, she saw that coming. Nawal Ishaq Makama is a spoiled brat who gets everything she wants, not that Marwa is hating on her, it is just the way she openly showcases some kinds of unIslamic acts that got her irritated.

After Shukrah went out of the room in silence, Marwa frantically locked the door and sprinted to her wardrobe. She was badly in want of the anti-depressants, if not, all hell would break loose. Underneath her clothes, she found the nylon filled with white tablets and took three of them without hesitation.

Anti-depressants have always helped her numb the pain in her heart. She badly wants to stop taking them but sometimes, it is just impossible. She may look unbothered by everything and everyone but deep inside her heart, she wants to feel the emotions like every other human out there, circumstances turned her into a tomboy who wants to read people even from afar so as not to be hurt again. No one knows she is taking anti-depressants, it is a secret she wishes to take to the grave.