39-THE MISSION

OMNISCIENT

The only source of light in the darkroom was the spotlight that brightened the huge mahogany table occupied with a big sea map. A few hours ago, the conference room was lively and the soldiers were happily feasting on their dinner when a spy informed Admiral Johnson about the attack through a walkie-talkie.

Presently, over a dozen of the senior officers rounded the table, each on their respective chairs, including the admiral of the fleet who came over immediately after he was told about the attack. All faces were etched in seriousness as they beat their brains out to come up with a possible war strategy.

"They attacked our soldiers at the sea border which means we should make our moves because once they cross the border, then it's over" Admiral Johnson spoke and watched as his impatient senior banged his hands on the head table.

"We are the Royal Navy! They can't cross our border no matter what, give me something to work with, exercise that brain of yours" He impatiently howled.

The crowned prince hates the guts of the man, he doesn't like to be ordered around when he is the only one who can do that to anyone he likes. Often, he doesn't let his pride and arrogance intervene in matters that concern him and his seniors because they respect him a lot but this man is pushing him to the wall.

"With all due respect sir, I think we shouldn't be the only ones exercising our brains while you shout at us. Since you have a brain too, why not come up with an idea that will prevent this from happening?" The overly assertive side of Zafeer took over, not that he tried to control it.

A satisfied smirk played on his lips when he saw the way his senior opened his mouth in shock before his expression turned to that of anger. He knew that the future king is a threat to his position and he has sent so many attacks on him but one way or the other, the guy always survives.

"Captain Baghdad! Being the defiant one, I see. You disrespected your senior and so, you deserve to be punished" He smiled maliciously even though his hands were shaking, something about the crowned prince's coffee brown orbs screamed danger and losing the position he took more than fifty years to achieve is the last thing he wants at the moment.

"I think the Captain deserves no punishment because what he said is the truth, Admiral Wright. Right soldiers?" Admiral Johnson asked the others who responded in affirmative.

Zafeer's smirk widened which left the man with no option but to scoff and sign the contract in front of him, he was gripping the pen so hard. That twenty-five-year-old boy is more dangerous and clever than he seems, he is being a pain to him but no matter what he tries to do to sack the man from the Royal Navy, his attempts proved futile.

"Do whatever you have to, now that I have signed the papers and permitted you. Remember, we must make this mission a success" The Admiral of the Fleet irritatingly ordered and did his walk of shame out of the conference room.

That's all he does whenever there is a war or any mission, he'll come to the base to clear the accusations of ghost working from the government, sign papers without making a single contribution to war or defence strategy and find a reason to leave. A lazy soldier doesn't exist, it's just that Mr Wright doesn't deserve to be one!

"It was brave of you to have talked like that" Rear Admiral James placed a hand on Zafeer's shoulder.

"Yeah, he is brave whenever it comes to telling the truth. Now let's get to work, anyone with an idea?" Admiral Johnson knew about the crowned prince's autism and his habit of ignoring people so he decided to vouch for him.