17-CHANGING

OMNISCIENT

Marwa shook with trepidation, she has never been so scared in her life. Suddenly, the room felt so small, his entire presence domineered her entire existence and she doesn't like it, she has prepared hurtful words to howl at him as she does to every other person out there but now that he is here, she couldn't remember anything.

"I-I was just talking to myself" She stuttered as her doe-like coffee brown eyes raised to meet his, her pupils dilated, indicating that she lied.

The moment her innocent-like face saw Zafeer's figure, she felt a longing so intense, he is the only one who can fill that void that someone left, she realized that even though it wasn't long since she met this man, he makes her feel something than no one ever could, to trust someone blindly. Yes, she trusts him blindly, that dawned on her the moment she informed him about her family's problems.

"So you are now the stupidest man alive? Right, Marwa?" He sarcastically asked, his voice making emphasis on the word 'man'.

He has to tell her to stop making that innocent look with her big eyes, cute nose and plump reddish-pink lips. Damn! That girl can make someone kill for her and the fact that she has no idea how that look gets to him is annoying him. How could a person look exceptionally innocent, cute, and beautiful at the same time? Well, Marwa Kabeer Hassan pulled all those qualities off.

"You are here for a therapy session and I'll give you just that. Can't believe that I forgot about my session with this asshole" She grunted the last part underneath her breath.

"Did you say something miss --?" He trailed off with a smirk

"I said shut the fuck up and sit your ass down on this damn chair now. Is that too much to ask for, creepy jinn?" She grumbled with an annoyed but cute expression that had him backing out, like always.

"Woah! Easy there tigress" He raised his hands in surrender and sat down on the said chair, opposite hers.

"Good! Let's get down to business, shall we?" She ignored his hums and began again.

"Yes, madame" He nodded, finding it hard to believe that a girl will command him and he'll obey just like that. Marwa must have cast a spell on him, that's for sure.

"On a scale of one to ten, can you tell me how much you love math--?" Before she could finish her question, the said girl galvanised at what he said next.

"Mathematics never caused that schizophrenia"

She watched as he shuddered, his once buoyant expression nowhere to be found. Now, his eyes were hollow and depleted, just like hers. Marwa looked at him with sympathy, knowing fully that people with a traumatising past hate sympathy. She can relate because she has been through that, she is still going through that, every single day.

"Damn! Stop giving me that pitiful look when both of us are out of our minds. Just because I act like I don't know anything doesn't imply I will keep up with the pretence for a long time. All those sleepless nights, panic attacks whenever you see me, Rayan or the prince, don't you think that's noticeable?" He cracked a humourless laugh when he noticed her uneasiness, her chest started heaving violently as if she has been caught stealing a billion-dollar worth of diamond.

"W-what are you saying, Murad?" She stuttered with quivering hands, hoping he didn't find out her top secret. But alas! He did.

Zafeer leaned on the table, his vulnerable eyes looking deep into hers. Awakening every sense in her body because of their proximity, she gulped, knowing that her game will be over sooner than later.