13-THE GLIMPSE

OMNISCIENT

Zafeer released a huge breath before picking up a marker, he closed his eyes and opened the lid. He knew he was strictly warned by his psychiatrist but he felt as though he was fully back on his feet again, it was high time he beat his brain out.

"Out of two million, only three hundred are capable which leaves us with one million, nine hundred and ninety-nine thousand, seven hundred lives" He effortlessly calculated and drew a graph on the board.

Zafeer drowned himself in the comfort of mathematics, forgetting about the outside world and all his worries. Currently, his upper body was bare and the floor was filled with calculations that contained raw facts he managed to gather with analyses, one would think he was a maniac with the way he was writing on the floor, the board, and cardboard filled with calculations. He felt a sudden rush of satisfaction, like someone who had his daily dose of medicine.

When he raised his head, that was when he saw that it was already time for subh prayer. He spent over nine hours in this room without knowing it, he quickly wore back his shirt and sauntered out of the room.

Zafeer performed ablution and switched on his phone, only to see that he missed forty-three calls from Junaid, twenty-one from Turad, eighteen from Sabreen, and even ten from his mother. Why the hell were they calling him like that? Oh yes, he broke the rule of not entertaining himself with raw figures. He ignored their popping messages and called Adrian Peterson, his assistant. The guy said he studied cybersecurity, so he must have some computer knowledge.

"Sir," He heard Adrian's groggy voice trying to sound professional.

"Find out every single detail about the governor. I want the results later at the office," Zafeer ordered before ending the call and strutting to the mosque, knowing that his family was hunting him like police officers and a criminal.

*

Early in the morning, Marwa sashayed out of the house without eating her breakfast and even waiting for her mother, it wasn't even seven o'clock yet. Yesterday, she neither found sleep nor peace, many sensations surged through her nerves, she did not want to be weak at such a tough time.

Marwa was dressed in a dark slate grey coat atop Alice blue shirt, she then coupled it with antique white sweatpants and white Adidas sneakers, and an antique white veil was beautifully draped around her head in the hijabi way. Even though she has always loved sneakers all her life, it hurt her to know that she couldn't buy a good one for herself, all the designer sneakers were either from her uncle who she loathes now, Shukrah, or her cousin-brother, Fawzan.

"Ah! So early, Miss Marwa," The gateman flashed her a smile as he opened the gate for her, and she got in.

"Yes, I just came to meet with Shukrah before going to work," She partly lied. Yes, she came to meet with the family but her main reason for coming is to hunt her uncle, he is her new prey and her detriment, and she won't let him get away with it.

Fawzan, who just finished his morning jog, saw her and he beamed but quickly frowned when he saw her puffy eyes. From afar, she studied his expression and he looked forlorn, she felt glad to know that she was not the only one opposing Omar Hassan.

"Sisto! What happened to you?" Fawzan gave her a side hug and asked, she took her time to sniff his calming scent before raising her eyes to meet his.

"It's just the bilious weather taking a toll on me," She shrugged, her eyes not giving away any emotion even though her voice was hoarse.