33-ADVENTURE

OMNISCIENT

"I wonder why no one called me today, didn't they miss me?" Marwa pouted and phoned Nafisa but much to her dismay, the line was off.

"Mami has a new phone but her habit of putting her phone on aeroplane mode still exists" She huffed before calling Hidayah whose phone was off too.

Marwa called Shukrah, Khayr, Theresa and the two princes' but no one picked, including Ammar. She was about to curse when she saw Zafeer making his way to her.

They agreed to meet in magic land even though the guy kept protesting that the place was too childish, the look she gave him made him agree in an instant. Now here she is still standing while he appears thirty minutes after their agreed time.

If not for Asiya who drove her here and chatted with her for twenty-five minutes before she went away, Marwa would have lost control and another fight will no doubt occur.

She was clad in blue wide-leg Denim jeans that stopped inches above her ankle and a black shirt with a scoop neckline, on her head was a black veil that concealed her hair as black and white with splashes of blue Adidas sneakers completed the look.

"Can't you walk faster?" She shouted, earning a look from other people, not that she cared.

Zafeer hurried to her side, he has now changed his kaftan to an Alice blue sweatshirt with washed cadet blue jeans, making his robust legs look longer and more attractive. The man was smelling nice, his perfume oozing opulence and aristocracy as he flashed her a smile. On his feet were white Puma sneakers with a blue face cap perched perfectly on his head, his hair was still tied in a low bun.

Watching her beautiful face, he saw all the slight resemblance between her and the president. How can he start telling her that the president is her uncle and Ammar is her cousin? He still remembered how the man cried as he narrated how they parted with Nafisa, he and his younger brother, Taufeeq Ashir Bulama searched for her in every nook and cranny of Adamawa state but their efforts proved futile.

20 years ago.

"Brother! Brother! Daddy has kicked the bucket" Taufeeq informed Abdulhakim who was about to board the private jet that will take him to America where he will check on his father's businesses.

"What?" He questioned before dropping the phone to the floor, the guards held his limp figure before quickly rushing him to the hospital but the man insisted that they take him home which they did.

At home, he met Munira who he married seven years ago and a five-year-old Najib sobbing profusely. That was when he heard Jawahir, Taufeeq's wife howling insults at their stepmother.

"You are nothing but a murderer, you wretched woman, gold digger, don't you have any mercy in you? What woman would want to murder her husband just to acquire his wealth?" Jawahir ranted, she was being dragged away by her husband who has lost all strength.

"Mind your words, I am not your mate" The woman shot back.

The exchange of words continued for some minutes, the brothers were too tired to stop them and then an 18-year-old lady who has been silent all that time screamed.

"Enough of this! Instead of you praying for him all of you are here talking rubbish like barbarians. Yes, this woman has traumatised me, she maltreated me after my mother's death and I didn't tell anyone about it, even my brothers because they have enough on their plate as it is but that doesn't mean she killed him" Nafisa screamed.