4-STONED

OMNISCIENT

"Good morning Uncle Omar and Aunt Sumayya," Marwa greeted with a sheepish grin when she angrily barged into the living room, only to find the set of people she least expected there.

Omar Hassan is Kabeer Hassan's brother, his wife is Sumayya. Omar is rich, he always takes care of his two children and female cousins, which is why Marwa loves all the people in that family to the core, all of them are good people.

"Marwa, why are your cheeks puffy? Who offended you?" Omar laughed at his niece's rosy cheeks.

"It is nothing, really," She smiled.

"Tell us dear," Sumayya urged her

"Am I missing something?" Fawzan came inside the room with Shukrah trailing behind.

"Hamma Fawzan," Marwa yelled excitedly and ran to give him a bone-crushing hug.

"I miss you, Baby Sis," Fawzan chuckled and pulled her cheeks to which she punched him.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He groaned as the rest laughed.

"For trying to mess with me," She nonchalantly replied.

"So tell us, what happened at school today after I left?" Shukrah asked. Currently, they were all sitting down on the couches in the living room.

"Nothing much just had my last lecture for today," Marwa answered with an eye roll, hoping it would convince them but all in vain.

"Stop the lies, Marwa. You mean pointing a finger at a man and hitting his chest just because he walked up to you is nothing much?" Shukrah sarcastically dropped the bomb and watched as the occupants of the room widen their eyes in shock.

"Who told you?" Marwa looked at her cousin in horror.

"News travels fast, dear best friend. You should thank God that nobody saw his face," She rolled her eyes.

"Okay fine. You want me to tell you that I met a jinn today right? Yes, a jinn because a normal human being would not be that fair and ugly. Even the way he talked was as if he didn't want to let the words out, one second he asked me to be his friend, and the other, he knew everything about me. Of course, I had to hit that douchebag and I told him to stay the fuck away from me," She did not realize how angry she was until she saw her veil covering Fawzan's face.

"Marwa I—" She cut Shukrah off.

"I hate that man and yes, I will kill him the next time I see him. He is what did he even call his name? Mujib, yes, Mujib Shakur. He is inviting trouble into his life," Her eyes were blazing with so much hatred for the man, he no doubt reminded her of something or rather, someone.

"Follow me, Short Soul," Fawzan gently covered her head with the veil.

"Stop calling me short soul, I am not short," She deadpanned which made him raise his hands in surrender and the rest stifle a laugh.

Whenever she felt angry, Fawzan would always be the one to coax her and even if he was not around, they made sure to call him. Yes, he is that brother she never had.

He led her to the balcony and sat her down on one of the chairs then took his seat opposite her. Marwa looked at his every move, feeling guilty that she was comparing his muscles to that of the man she saw earlier.

"Now take a deep breath and tell me what happened," He smiled under the dim red light.

Marwa did as she was told and started narrating all that transpired between Zafeer and her earlier. Even though Fawzan was jealous because someone was trying to woo her, he still felt happy that she hated that person which was an advantage on his side.