49-THE FINAL VERDICT

OMNISCIENT

In Kano State House of Assembly conference room.

The tension in the brightly lighted room was thick enough to be cut by a sharp knife. Everyone held their breaths as Gov. Ishaq Makama made his grand arrival in the wheelchair. He looked pale and extremely sick, the man couldn't walk even if he wants to.

The members of the House of Assembly gave him a standing ovation out of respect before they all took their seats with grim expressions on their faces. The speaker of the House of Assembly, Alh. Aliko Mubarak impatiently tapped his fingers on the big mahogany table, he has hated the man since day one but he had to live with it since his colleagues were not quite convinced by the idea of impeaching him.

Three months ago when he got the privilege to meet the crown prince, he helped him with a nice strategy on how to convince his colleagues to impeach the man which worked effectively. He heard that the man alleviated that cycle of bribery and corruption in Kano state, which made the elderly man have the utmost respect for him.

"Good morrow, your excellency Sir. Your permission is required to commence the meeting." Alh. Aliko Mubarak broke the silence after sipping his espresso from a white mug placed in front of him. He is sure of one thing, whenever the Baghdads are involved, then a plan never fails.

"Yes, carry on." Gov. Ishaq Makama answered in a weak voice.

"Three months ago, a notice of allegation in gross misconduct on your part was sent to you and it was signed by more than two-thirds of the members of the House of Assembly here."

Gross misconduct, in the context of the constitution, is a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly.

"That's right, I received it." The governor answered with a gulp. The truth is that he doesn't even read notices or letters concerning the affairs of the state except when it involves a budget fund that can be easily looted so he didn't even know about the notice of allegation from the State House of Assembly, he would have gotten rid of that. Just when he thought Zafeer could not be any smarter.

"However, when you didn't reply, we set up an investigation committee as per the rule of law after the motion was supported by the majority. The Chief Judge also granted a panel of seven persons with unquestionable integrity to carry on the task which they did efficiently and presented the reports after three months." After he spoke, the room instantly went dark before the projector was switched on where all the evil doings of the governor were presented in written form.

All the allegations charged against him were true. Lied about his age and secondary school certificate, a money launder and fraud who fills his pockets with the fund that belongs to the masses. A rapist who also murdered the ex-King Muhammad Baghdad in cold blood and was planning to assassinate his son, King Harith Muhammad Baghdad.

"Do you want to defend yourself, Sir? Or do you have a legal practitioner to defend the case against Barrister Junaid Haroon Baghdad in court?" Alh. Aliko smirked sinisterly while the others sneered in disgust. His eyes were sending daggers to Gov. Ishaq Makama's way, reminding him that there is no way out.

In this situation, the governor learned he was caged. He made sure all the information was hidden from the face of the earth in a way that no one can discover it but when he stared at the screen portraying all his crimes, he realized that his opponent is the most dangerous and vicious, once he targets something, he must make sure that thing happens just as he anticipated and even beyond. With Junaid as the opposing lawyer, Ishaq knew that no lawyer will dare fight a case against the law guru.