Chapter thirty-five: Something More Important Than Life

The room flipped all over again as Shiro tried to bear the pain of wounds that were not his.

All the while, Keith, Lance and Hunk were running down the hallways.

"Shiro, where are you right now?" Keith said. "I can still feel the energy, I just hope he's safe."

"Um, guys, is it me, or are we just going around and around in circles?" Hunk said.

"I knew it! I was getting the exact same feeling." Lance said.

"Well, you're the one to talk to." Keith said.

"Well, we should have relied on you to help us out." Lance said.

After running all those circles, the three manage to find a room.

"All right, can you check to see if this room is clear?" Hunk said.

"Seriously." Keith said.

"You're the one who decided we can stop here." Lance said.

"Fine, you win! I'll do it myself!" Keith groaned as he opened the door and looked to see if there were any enemies.

"There's nobody here." Keith said.

"Really, are you sure?" Lance asked.

"Well, the room is really dark." Hunk said.

"Let's go this way." Keith said.

As they entered the room, Keith kept looking for Shiro, the drum banged its sound once again, this time.

"Wait, did this room just...flip over?!" Keith said.

As they fell into the abyss, and into the light as they screamed in terror.

Back to Shiro, he was constantly on his guard as Alcina kept unleashing more claw marks on them as she kept on flipping the room with her drum.

"I can do it, I know I can, I always finish what I start." Shiro said as he heard his bones crack and creek.

"No matter what, even with my body in this condition, I can pull through and keep fighting!" Shiro said.

As Alcina unleashed another claw attack. Shiro can show her that a few broken bones isn't gonna slow him down! But how can he as she kept flipping the room.

"Damm it! I can't win like this. I need more than just determination. Calm down, use your head to think things through" Shiro said as he held on, on a chandelier.

As another claw mark came to him.

"Think, Shiro! Think!" Shiro said as he let go of the chandelier and dropped down into a door, luckily managed to hold on, on the casting of the door. "That was close, I barely scraped by there."

"Curses! This is irritating, I need to consume some Marche before it's too late." Alcina shouted.

"There's not even time to think!" Shiro said as another claw mark came. "Hey, you! Lady Alcina?"

"Eh? How do you know my name?" Alcina said.

"One of your workers told me, Alcina! Listen, I'm giving you that girl you took. I won't bend to you! It's futile!" Shiro said.

Alcina growls as he remembers her past.

"Look at that woman, she's so tall." A woman said.

"I wouldn't say that I meant she was born with." A man said.

"You can't do anything right, everything you do is futile," Her husband said.

"I will get my hands on that girl, so I won't be different to anyone else." Alcina said as unleashes more, more claw attacks, this time they are wild, more out of control, so much out of control that they are tearing up the furniture.