Chapter Two: Earth

12th, August 2083, In Plaht City.

In the future and the real world where everything was no longer polluted, thanks to clean energy, but that didn't replace the sounds of blaring self-driving cars, quiet motors of scooters, and the chattering of the people that were moving about the concrete streets with towering skyscrapers and supermarkets from which people would buy their food and people got around on foot, by bicycle, by car, by bus, or by metro train. Or in this case, hover riding.

That was the case in the city in the desert, which has beautifully high futuristic skyscrapers that shine like the sunlight that sets at the end of the day. Along with the blistering hot air.

Yes, the way of Altea is truly a thing of fantasy and myth as time gave way to the modern age. However, even as the world continues to modernize and advance...some things in this world never change.

Take a young man for example, who was at the age of 21 who goes by the name Takashi Shirogane or Shiro for short, was riding his hovercraft through the desert city toward his job, the Galaxy Garrison with his hair blowing in the wind.

He parked his hovercraft on the rack, locked the chain and waited in front of the Garrison. While waiting for his friends to show up, he takes out his laptop and uploads his resume.

"Okay. To make sure what I want!" Shiro said as he made the final changes.

After a few more minutes, Shiro packs up his laptop and sees another man park his hovercraft next to his. He races up to his with a smile on his face.

"Adam!" Shiro notices Adam, rushing to him.

"Takashi!" Adam hugs Shiro out of joy.

As Shiro lets Adam go, he takes out a small packet of sunflowers from his bag.

"What kind of culinary treat do you have today?" Shiro asked.

"It's Hopi Black Dye Sunflower, a Native American recipe, covered by salt and pepper. My niece made this for me, because she entered the Galaxy Garrison in a few months" Adam explained.

"That's really sweet of her," said as he took his messenger bag off his back and pats it, letting Adam know that he was big. "I have something special upcoming, after work."

As they exchanged a few laughs later on as they walked to the building and got to kissing each other as they were a couple, and as a couple, the two men looked as different as night and day; with his dark hair styled in an undercut and his taller herculean physique along with piercing dark gray eyes, and Adam, with his light brown hair, half-frame with brown eyes, a somewhat-triangular jaw.

As Adam held him to share a kiss on the lip.

"Thank you," Shiro said, after kissing him.

"No problem, after all, we're Junior officers now," Adam bragging.

He was right after 4 years of experience in the field of work and study about becoming an astro explorer along with breaking records for the highest speed up the top of the food chain of command in Shiro's case. So much fun, since he could remember. His parents were killed in a car accident as a baby and adopted by his grandfather.

Yes, everything was perfect...until

As Shiro was getting bored of going to work today. He really wanted to leave so he could celebrate the day. As He looks down, writing his notes, he remembers his family's advice, patience yields focus.

That if he puts his mind to whatever he wants to accomplish, he'll amount to anything. And right now, he wanted to get out of there.

Then suddenly, he found himself in a black world that was covered in stars, it's was where he discovered a man that he didn't recognize, crowded in the darkness along with people that he never met, confronted an unknown force, from somewhere come to the high, clear echo of a drop of water striking the surface of a calm pool.