Chapter Twenty-six: Unwelcome Malice

As Shiro was in big trouble, he found himself in the clutches of Urasue.

The grim reaper has put him in a tub of green water with his hands tied. The water was filled with medicinal herbs and gave out the color green as the water smells disgusting.

All the while, Keith fell to the ground with Urasue's clay soldiers falling on top of him, shattering into pieces of dried mud and bone. After a moment, he grunted as he pushed the debris off of him and then dusted himself off, grumbling in annoyance.

"Great, what a pain in the balls," he cursed. "I wonder what happened to Stats and Romelle."

BAM! He grunted as a giant web ball fell on top of him...holding Stats and Romelle.

"That answers that question!" Keith groaned.

"Sorry, Keith!" Romelle called. "We didn't see you!"

"That's okay." Keith replied as he got up. "Where did Urasue go with Shiro?"

"No doubt she has taken him back to her lair," Romelle said .

"Why should she take Shiro, anyway?!" asked Keith, worriedly.

"I don't know,'' Romelle said. "But what Urasue has planned for him mayhaps be just as bad, if not worse."

"What do you mean?" Keith asked.

"Do ye not remember what Coran said about Shiro when he first came to this world?" asked Romelle. "That's he the alternative of Ryou?"

"Yeah, what about it?" asked Keith.

"Keith...I know this is a question that you don't want to answer," Romelle said. "But what truly happened between you, Allura and the samurai."

Keith tensed up a bit, but then he glared as he turned away.

"It's not a thing I don't want to answer." Keith said.

"You must tell me, now!" Keith urged. "If my instincts are correct...we may just reunite with Allura."

Keith gasped silently while Stats blinked up at him in confusion...and worry.

Meanwhile, Back up in Urasue's mountain lair, Shiro was struggling to move as the water somehow numbed his senses.

Nearby, Urasue chuckled as she glanced over at Allura...who was now dressed in her old priestess dress, leaning against the rock wall with a listless look in her eyes.

"Soon, Allura," said the Grim Reaper. "Soon, your soul will rise from this mortal flesh!"

Shiro narrowed his eyes in a venomous glare.

"How many do I have to say, you old bat?!" he asked. "I'm nobody's alternate! How are you gonna explain this if it turns out you're wrong, huh?!"

"Hmm?" Urasue hummed in bewilderment. "How can this be? The boy speaks, even though she is soaked from head to toe in my mystic herbs! She should be paralyzed, inside and out!" That's when she spotted a familiar blue light, causing her to gasp silently as she eyed the crystal around Shiro's neck. "Ohh...what's this? the quintessence Crystal, I see!"

Shiro gasped silently while Urasue reached for the crystal.

"How fortuitous!" the grim reaper exclaimed. "I humbly accept this treasure!"

"Keep your hands away from me!" Shiro yelled, causing Urasue to shriek as she was hit by some sort of static electricity.

"Curses!" Urasue hissed as she held her burned hand. "A barrier around the casket?! He really does possess her soul!"