Chapter thirty-sixth: The Wisteria Carnival

After the brief fight between Keith and Pidge, they along with the others who worked at the mansion started burying the bodies of the people they found inside of the mansion.

Roughly, they found a lot of people that were killed by lady Alcina and the two others that were here.

Hunk had a constant look of grief on his face.

"Hey, there was nothing more that we could have done," Keith said, patting Hunk's back to encourage him.

"Thanks for telling me but look, I was a total coward, unlike Pidge." Hunk said.

"Well, you were willing to help us and you went against that dark daemon." Keith said.

"I did?" Hunk said.

"Yeah, I see a lot of incredible stuff from humans, but you take the cake." Keith said.

"Wow I...but I think that's impossible." Hunk said as he walked away.

The first thing Pidge noticed when she woke up was that it felt like her body was made of lead. The second thing she noticed was that she was being covered by something soft.

As she raised her head, she saw that she was lying on a jacket, once again. As she looked around, she saw that Shiro and the others were burying people.

"Hey, what's going on," Pidge said, weakly.

"We're having a burial." Shiro said.

"Burial?" Pidge asked.

"Yes, and you should help out, too. The fact of the matter is lives were lost there." Shiro said.

Pidge questioned. "Where did you put my weapons?!"

"They're over there," said Keith as he pointed to the tree, where Pidge's Katar and her shield were seen leaning. Pidge glared up at Keith before she sighed and sat down in resignation.

"So now what are you going to do with me?" Pidge asked. "Am I your prisoner, beast? Or are you going to tell the world about me?"

"What no we're not going to tell the world, and besides we met a couple of people like you and they are tough as nails." Keith said.

"Except we're the only ones that met them, not Lance and hunk." Shiro added.

Pidge only looked away.

"Look I know I'm the last person you want to see but I never kill these people." Keith said. "And even if I did I'll probably leave these people to rot."

"...And how do I know you weren't in league with her?" asked Pidge.

"Because I'm not." Keith said, his voice sounding more and more irritated. "Look, I'm not in the mood for any games! I'm telling you the truth, here!"

"Keith!"

Keith froze before he glanced over his shoulder and saw Hunk.

"Let me talk to her." Hunk said.

Keith growled. "Fine!"

As he walked to Shiro and Lance to help bury the bodies, while Hunk kneeled beside Pidge.

"Look, Pidge," Hunk said. "I know you're upset that we found out about your secret, but I want you to know that I accept you as one of our own."

Pidge didn't say anything. She only looked away, bitterly.

"You know, I think you're pretty amazing, you're smart and you know how to fight, you're even better than me." Hunk said.

Pidge's eyes widened at that and said. "You think I'm better than you...I know we're supposed to keep the balance between daemons and humans, but having a daemon on the team is..."