Chapter Ten: Heartstone rebels

The sound of gallops on the water has stopped unexpectedly, in front of Shiro, Keith, and Romelle. Men and women in all kinds of creatures, both human and daemon.

"Uh, guys, more daemons or whatever they are", Romelle said.

"I am going to try to think about these friendly or unfriendly people?" Shiro wondered, stood fixated on the folk, he'd never seen anything like this, the people were dressed up like rebels from the old Star Wars movies before... But then again, this is not his world.

"There's an entire army of them, riding space horses and packing weapons that will possibly try to kill us, what do you expect". Keith explains to Shiro and Romelle.

"So they are unfriendly!" Shiro realizes. Cautiously, he turned around, and his mouth hung open at the unbelievable thing he saw.

One of the men shouted "Charge!"

The men aimed their steed towards them, "We gotta get out of here" Shiro shouted.

They ran through the marsh, chased by the group who oddly were all wearing orange, black and blue. They crashed through the underbrush and finally stumbled down into the water, deposited them into a safe spot among the long grass, at least for now, they had avoided the group of attackers.

Shiro brushed leaves off his outfit and looked around. The group didn't focus their attention on them, luckily.

"Keep search for the perimeter, it's got to be around here somewhere", a man who had humanoid figures. He has a scruffy white beard and tapered elvish ears. He has pink markings located unearth his eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek. Dressed in a grey trench coat over a squared-off green shirt and bootleg pants. Another physical appearance was two broad utility belts - one across his chest, and one on his waist. The accessories with a grey newsboy cap and fingerless gloves.

"Destroyer, where are you hiding?", a small cat-like creature shouted.

Suddenly, the dog-like creature mourned off her steed and said, "We're wasting our time. Whatever it is, it's long gone by now".

The man said, "We don't know that for sure, captain Olia".

"I know what I see, Lieutenant Ozar," Olia said. She pointed out, "You think our weapons handle this thing, the one that attacks that swamp village!"

"Sir, we found something. Two rebel men discovered something in the water!" Said one of the rebels.

Ozar and Olia curious about the object, Ozar stared at it until it hit him... It was a collar, an unknown part of the monster that Shiro fought back unintentionally, with his new bound sword. They nodded to each other in agreement.

"This is definitely from the Bunyip!" Ozar said.

"If that's here, that means something must have happened to the Bunyip" Olia cried.

"The Galra must have gotten rid of it! From the moment we knew about it!" Ozar told her.

Shiro pressed his head over the edge of the long grass, with a great scent of curiosity, he spotted the forms of people surrounding the place where he wiped out the Bunyip, he couldn't make out any details but realized there's any way to get back to Arus, it's them.

"Hey guys, I think we should team up with these people and find the way back home," Shiro told Keith and Romelle.

"Oh, Shiro. We shouldn't mix with these people unless they hang out cupcakes and rainbows". Keith asks, slapping his hand on his face, with exhaustion and anxiety slipping through the tight mask that he created.