Chapter 524 - Fake News

Are you alright?」Nie Yan anxiously asked.

Yeah, I got out alive. My Netherthunder Eagle suffered serious injuries though,」Tang Yao replied. Only after confirming the Shadow Priest hadn't chased after him did he breath a sigh of relief.

Nie Yan knitted his brows. He didn't expect Alliance of Mages to have a Wind Serpent on their side.

I feel like that Shadow Priest isn't with Alliance of Mages. They didn't even seem to belong on the same side. If they coordinated together, I probably wouldn't have made it out alive,」Tang Yao said, recalling the previous battle.

I see. Well, even if they aren't together, that Shadow Priest is definitely an enemy.

The battle over on Bladelight's side had also come to an end. Bladelight, Smoke Stub, and 60 elite members had broken out of the encirclement. Asskickers United had suffered 1,200 casualties while Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors had over 5,000 casualties. Some people had even died two or three times.

Looking at the casualties on both sides, Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors hadn't gained anything out of this ambush. It was a wash.

Conflicts between guilds often turned into battles of attrition. Whoever caved first was the loser.

Even though the players from Asskickers United had dropped a lot of equipment, these losses were nothing for a rich tycoon like Nie Yan.

Nie Yan was still annoyed, though. Asskickers United had only kept to themselves during this time because earning contribution was their highest priority. Needless to say, starting a conflict would only prove detrimental to their goal. At the same time, Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors were lagging far behind them in terms of contribution acquisition. Had Crazy Magic not taken any action and things continued on at this rate, all the best properties in the Hilton Stronghold would've been gobbled up by Asskickers United.

Although Asskickers United's players had raised their vigilance, they still ended up suffering Alliance of Mage's ambush. All their countermeasures meant nothing.

However, this kind of loss was only skin deep for Asskickers United. The 1,200 that dropped a level would be able to recover it in no time. As for the lost equipment, what Asskickers United didn't lack the most was money!

Asskickers United's players all returned to the Hilton Stronghold to recuperate. Nie Yan thought for a moment. Since the battle had ended, he might as well go back too.

At this moment, Nie Yan received a call from Guo Huai.

Nie Yan, check the forums.

Nie Yan opened up the forums. He quickly found the post Guo Huai mentioned: "Defeat of Asskickers United." Inside were numerous videos showing Asskickers United's forces surrounded and routed. The scenes of Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors suffering heavy losses were edited out. These videos immediately gained a lot of traction and skyrocketed to the top of the boards.

Asskickers United was defeated?

Why isn't there any information on Asskickers United's side?

I heard Asskickers United returned to the Hilton Stronghold beaten black and blue. Right now, they're recovering in their villa.

Wow, this is the first time Asskickers United has been defeated!

The clueless ate it all up. Some Asskickers United players tried to respond to explain the situation. However, their comments were mysteriously buried to oblivion. These several hundred videos occupied the front page of the Viridian Empire boards.