Chapter 537 - Luring the Tiger

Nie Yan picked up the three pieces of equipment, all of which were for Level 70 Warriors. One was Sub Legendary-grade while the other two were Dark Gold-grade. They were fully socketed with gems, which increased defense, magic resistance, and attack. Each gem was worth at least 1,000 gold. Furthermore, every piece of equipment was upgraded to +9. Nie Yan estimated each piece was worth tens of thousands of gold, especially the Sub Legendary-grade equipment, which was worth at least 100,000 gold.

The fact that every Direwolf player was probably similarly equipped was a testament to the Century Financial Group's wealth!

The number of people in Asskickers United that could use such expensive equipment definitely didn't exceed 10. Fully equipping someone with this kind of equipment would cost at least 600,000 gold. Nie Yan planned to give these three piece of equipment to Monochrome and Edgeless, depending on who had more use for it.

Nie Yan turned around. The ground was a mess, with more than 10 corpses strewn about. Lustboy finished collecting all the equipment dropped on the ground, then walked over.

"So, did you finish picking up all the loot?"

"Yeah, more than 30 pieces of equipment in total. We've struck it rich. I estimate everything added up is worth at least 200,000 gold," Lustboy said. Dropping three pieces of equipment after dying, this penalty was quite harsh. Seeing the enemy losing their equipment, he also broke out in a cold sweat. If he had died back there, it would've been disastrous.

"Lets go," Nie Yan said. The harvest this time was pretty good.

After gathering all the loot, Nie Yan and Lustboy continued heading east. They walked more than 10 minutes without encountering other players. It appeared this map was quite large.

Nie Yan gazed at the mountain range in the east. Perched atop one of the mountains was a grand castle. It could be counted as a fairly reliable landmark.

Nie Yan designated this location as the meeting place. More and more players discovered this castle and began converging there.

As for Alliance of Mages, their gathering spot was located in the west.

After scaling up a mountain for more than 1,000 meters, Nie Yan and Lustboy turned around. The entire map was finally within their view. This was a giant basin with all sorts of terrain inside it: hills, streams, barren rock, rocky cliffs, forest, and so on. Besides occupying this castle, there were also nine other castles scattered across the map. These 10 castles were the points Kahruhr mentioned previously. If one occupied all of them for an hour, they would achieve victory.

When both sides were at a stalemate, and it was difficult to determine who would be the victor, the focus of the battle would shift to these castles.

This was a standard guild war map. Nie Yan had heard of these kinds of maps in the previous timeline. But due to him being a lowly solo player back then, he had never actually participated in this kind of competition. This was his first time coming into contact with this kind of map.

Asskickers United and Alliance of Mages were having a showdown here!

As more and more Asskickers United's players converged on this castle, the vicinity became much livelier.

No one knew how many years this ancient castle had weathered, its walls filled with all sorts of cracks and lush with vegetation.

Nie Yan pushed open the thick heavy doors and entered inside.

Bladelight and the others followed behind him.

"How many casualties did we suffer?" Nie Yan asked. Their forces had probably taken some losses during the journey here.