Chapter 516 - Resurrection Scroll

Nie Yan pulled up some information related to demon beasts online and started researching the topography of the nearby maps. Gradually, his old dust-laden memories were brought back to the surface as he recalled the locations of certain chests, monsters, and more.

There were several suitable levelling spots for him and Xie Yao in the vicinity of the Hilton Stronghold. After finally deciding on one, Nie Yan headed to the Starry Night Potion Shop and picked up 100 Advanced Fire Resistance Potions and 10 Intermediate Invisibility Potions. Intermediate Invisibility Potions were fairly common, costing about 5 gold each. On the other hand, the material cost of Advanced Fire Resistance Potions alone was already 10 gold. Adding in labour costs, the production cost for a single potion was 60 gold. However, Advanced Fire Resistance Potions sold for at least 300 gold each in the marketplace. This was a markup of 400%! Ordinary players couldn't bear to casually use such a precious potion, saving it only for special occasions, such as running an especially challenging dungeon.

For every Advanced Fire Resistance Potion sold, the Starry Night Potion Shop pocketed 240 gold. They were a money-making machine!

At this stage of the game, Advanced Alchemists were relatively rare and Advanced Fire Resistance Potion Recipes were difficult to come by, while demand was only increasing. This ensured the price of Advanced Fire Resistance Potions remained high. Ordinary players would think twice before using up such a precious potion. After all, 300 gold was enough to buy a piece of decent Gold-grade equipment. However, once you drank a potion, it was gone.

In the previous timeline, Nie Yan couldn't bear using such a costly potion. Obtaining one alone was enough to make him go wild with joy. However, in this life, he didn't even bat an eye at the sight of a hundred.

With his financial resources, Nie Yan couldn't care less about this amount of gold. Only vast sums could pique his interest.

Advanced Fire Resistance Potions provided 50 Fire Resistance for two minutes with a cooldown of 10 minutes.

Besides the Fire Resistance Potion, Nie Yan still had the Kiln Fire Heart.

Kiln Fire Heart (Special Item)

Properties: Fire Resistance +50, Fire Magic Amplification +20%

Kiln Fire: Allows the user to possess the strength of the Kiln Fire, becoming immune to all fire damage for 30 seconds. The user can survive in lava. Cooldown: 20 minutes.

The Kiln Fire Heart and Advanced Fire Resistance Potion gave a combined total of 100 Fire Resistance. Add this to the 20-30 base Fire Resistance most players had, and you could completely ignore the fire attacks of ordinary monsters. If that still wasn't enough, you could activate Kiln Fire to become completely immune to fire damage.

Nie Yan had also snagged himself a couple pieces of Thief equipment with high Fire Resistance, further increasing his Fire Resistance by another 70-80.

About 20 minutes later, Xie Yao arrived at the Hilton Stronghold. The two met up outside the entrance of Nie Yan's villa.

Xie Yao wore a tight-fitting, light blue robe which accentuated her slender figure. It emitted a gentle blue glow that paired well with her fair face as well as the blue ribbon tied to her hair. She looked lovely and adorable. Her staff was about a meter long and crafted from Magic Redwood. It had a large blue magic crystal at the tip which swirled with magic energy.

The blue glow around Xie Yao's robe made her look even holier and pure.

"The robe, staff, and ribbon are all part of the Saintess Christiana Set. What do you think?" Xie Yao said with a smile. She twirled around to give Nie Yan a look.