Chapter 448 - Riled Into Action

After a long silence, a large commotion broke out in the conference room. Everyone started discussing excitedly. Even though they were always aware the War God Tribe and Asskickers United were allied together, they also worried about what would happen if the relationship fell apart. The War God Tribe currently didn't have the power to contend against the Tuoba Family. If Asskickers United was adamant on refusing to take action, there was nothing that could be done. This was why they didn't really believe in the future of the War God Tribe.

Such doubts instantly dissolved with the revelation that Nirvana Flame was Nie Yan, leaving behind only feelings of shock and awe.

Mad Rogue Nirvana Flame was a name that rang like thunder throughout the entire Viridian Empire.

He was a god in Calore!

After the siege of the Cripps Stronghold, Asskickers United had cleared away all competition in Calore. Although they were currently only a Level 5 guild, a far cry from level 7 guilds like Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors, with Calore's enormous population and growth potential, surpassing them was only a matter of time.

Asskickers United had backed the War God Tribe from the start. So, everyone believed World Bloc had negotiated a deal, perhaps even for real world money, to get their help. No one thought Asskickers United was actually a part of World Bloc.

They previously believed World Bloc was only an upstart that started investing in the virtual reality industry. With a lot of money but no experience, it was destined to fail. The people here today only came along for the ride when they joined the War God Tribe. In any case, there was still pay to be had. Since World Bloc had the money, they would stick it out. When the day came World Bloc could no longer support them, they'd simply disperse. As a result, they didn't care too much about the growth of the War God Tribe. Many people were only there for the benefits. In times of war, they would only put in the bare minimal effort or make themselves scarce.

Nie Yan's announcement caused this haughty group to internally re-evaluate World Bloc. Not only did it own the guild that controlled Calore, but it even wanted to develop the War God Tribe to absorb Nisode! What ambition! If they actually toppled the Tuoba Family in Nisode, the two largest cities in the Viridian Empire would be in their hands! With only the last step left in such a grand endeavor, who could still consider World Bloc merely a naive upstart?

If they truly won the battle for Nisode, World Bloc would completely dominate the Viridian Empire with control over the two largest cities, more than 30 strongholds, and a full 22% of the empire's population. Such power was no joke!

Their eyes were filled with reverence as they gazed at Nie Yan. Although it wasn't clear whether his achievements were only possible thanks to the backing of World Bloc, the name of Nirvana Flame was enough to warrant their admiration.

Nie Yan looked around the conference room before settling his gaze on the baldy. With eyes that radiated a freezing cold, he said, "World Bloc spent money inviting you lot here to help resolve problems and help grow the War God Tribe. If Asskickers United has to take action every time there's the slightest hitch, what's the point of keeping you guys around? You receive a salary from World Bloc every day yet do nothing but laze around. You have the luxury of being able to hide behind stronghold walls and yet whine about not being able to hold out. All the while none of you are willing to put in any effort! Am I not wrong in my assessment that World Bloc has hired a bunch of spoiled brats? Not willing to work, always complaining, I want you all to scram! None of you are fit for the job. World Bloc still has Asskickers United. Seriously, grumbling about dealing with a bunch of small fry like the Tuoba Family. I don't even want to think of what might happen if you were to face real opponents like Alliance of Mages, Divine Protectors, or Angel Corps. You're all better off going home. World Bloc has no use for trash like you!"