Chapter 427 - Emergence of the Crypt Lord

Nie Yan collected the loot Mad Blade dropped on the ground, then dashed past the Bloodlust Blades players with Gale Step before disappearing from sight.

Sun was even more direct, crushing an Unknown Transfer Scroll to immediately escape the battlefield.

The sudden death of Mad Blade left the players from Bloodlust Blades in a state of shock. None of them expected Nie Yan and Sun to succeed in instagibbing him.

One had to understand that Mad Blade was a Great Warrior with more than 4,200 health. On top of that, he had more than 10 Priests constantly healing him from the rear. For him to be killed even under these circumstances beggared disbelief.

Normally a Warrior as powerful as Mad Blade could allow a Thief to wail on him non-stop for half-a-minute and still have health to spare.

Following the death of Mad Blade, Bloodlust Blades' forces were like a flock of headless chickens. Even though Soaring Angel was commanding everything the whole time, Mad Blade was the intermediary that passed down his orders. With him dying, there was momentarily no leader.

The chain of command in Bloodlust Blades fell into chaos.

Witnessing Nie Yan and Sun successfully assassinating Mad Blade, Asskickers United erupted out in cheer.

"Yeah! The boss avenged Smoke Stub!"

"Don't forget Sun! He was amazing too!"

...

Even though Asskickers United's forces were steadily being pushed back due to the enemy's superiority in numbers, Nie Yan and Sun's accomplishment reinvigorated their fighting spirits and allowed them to hold firm.

The thousand players led by Nie Yan had suffered heavy losses in the battle so far, but they had also killed more than 800 enemy elites.

Back on the main battlefield outside of the Cripps Stronghold, after withstanding the first wave of attacks, Bloodlust Blades solidified their battleline and relied on their remaining two Armoured Catapults to beat Asskickers United's forces into a rather sorry state.

In this sort of open warfare, the Armoured Catapults displayed their full might, launching round after round of shells towards the forces of Asskickers United and sweeping up their players en masse.

With corpses scattered everywhere and more than 6,000 of their players having been wiped out by the bombardment of the Armored Catapults, the situation was looking grim for the forces of Asskickers United. Even so, they didn't appear discouraged in the slightest, still charging towards the enemy with unrivalled ferocity, killing quite a few Bloodlust Blades players in return.

Seeing the Asskickers United players stretching as far as the eye could see, continuously surging forward like an endless tide no matter how many of them were killed, the forces of Bloodlust Blades couldn't help but recoil in fear.

"Shit! These bastards are crazy!"

Bloodlust Blades' battleline was gradually forced on the back foot. But under the formidable might of the Armoured Catapults, Asskickers United had to pay a heavy price for every inch of ground gained.

As the fighting between both sides raged on, a thundering noise shook the battlefield as an army of players from Sapphire Shrine and Holy Empire emerged from the surrounding hilltops.

Nie Yan suddenly received a voice call. He answered to the boisterous laughter of Sleepy Fox.「Sorry for the delay. I'd say this counts as being fashionably late, right? Fa Lan is here too!」

Sapphire Shrine and Holy Empire's forces charged down the hillsides and clashed with the players from Bloodlust Blades. There was fighting taking place everywhere as the battlefield instantly became a lot more chaotic. It was hard to tell who was who.