Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

I was kind of glad that there was grass. I slowly let myself fall and sat down, crossing my legs.

"I don't know if the other visited you, i think they're all still a bit shocked about what happened back then." I said, looking at the smiling picture of Richy that had been put on the gravestone. "And to be honest, i don't want to make them sad too. But Jessy misses you. A lot. It had been really hard for her, especially."

Someone walked passed me and looked down at me for a second. Was it weird to talk to someone who was dead ? I shook my head and looked back at Richy.

"Some peoples are weird. Anyway." I rearranged my legs under me a bit so i wouldn't be too much in the way. "Hannah doesn't blame you, too. I thought you should be aware of this in case she didn't tell you."

I stayed quiet a bit after that, just looking at the picture of my lost friend. I was still hurting knowing that he had died, but maybe talking to him made me feel a bit better too.

"Once i'm done with what i'm doing, i'll come back a bit more and i'll try to come with the other too. Oh, i didn't tell you, we're trying to help Jake so he can be free. I would explain it all to you but it would take way too much time and you'll probably be bored after a few minutes." I giggled a bit sadly. And also, i should wait after we're sure that Jake is safe to talk about it freely.

I stood up, walked a bit closer to the headstone and put my hand on it, patting it a bit. "I'll come back soon Richy, i promise. Adios." I said, putting two fingers to my head and moving them to him like a scout sign or something.

Taking the paper from the flowers so i could throw it, i left Richy's grave. It was a short visit, but i would come back later, like i said. Sighing, i threw the paper in a trash next to the entrance of the cemetery, i took my keys in my pocket and opened my car.

I stayed inside of it a short time, just thinking about my time with Richy, before i started my car. I drove until i reached the Aurora. I originally didn't plan to go there, but i somehow drove past it so why not go see Phil.

"Heyy ! What do i own the pleasure in this fine morning ?" I heard Phil said as i walked pass the door.

I smiled at him, waving my hand. "I was passing by and thought i could come and say hi to my not-real-brother !" I said to him, sitting on one of the stool in front of him.

He laughed and leaned on the counter. "Do you want anything ? It's on the house." He said, winking.

I shook my head, smiling to him. "Do you have something non alcoholic ? I don't really fancy a drink this early in the day."

"Sure, juice ?" He said, walking a bit further to a fridge behind him.

"That's good." I said, accepting the small bottle of juice that he was giving me.

"So, how's it going ? Y'know, with your boyfriend ?"

"Why do you all want to know that ?" I said, raising an eyebrow. First Alan and now Phil.

"Don't know, seems fitting as you where looking for him and all." He responded.

"We're alright. If everything goes right, we should be left alone for some time." I said, hoping he would take the hint that i wouldn't talk much about it. It's not because there were only three or four people in the bar that they couldn't hear anything.

"That's good then. How's Jessy ?"

"Good too, we had a fright yesterday but besides that, she's doing fine. Don't worry, i'm keeping an eye on her." I said to him. He nodded his head without talking. We both knew that even if she absolutely never mentioned Richy, she thought about him. I never talked to her about it, and she never mentioned it either, but after Richy's death, i don't believe she got back to the junkyard. At least i never saw her go there and she never told me she did. Maybe she took a break for some time or maybe she just left the job.

I drank the last of my juice and smirked to him. "You could come eat at Jessy's apartment some day if you want. I'll introduce you to Jake."

He laughed, trowing his head backward. "I quite enjoy living. Do you really think he would stand being in the same room as me ?"

"Well, i did tell him that you were more like a brother to me. So, maybe if you behaved yourself, he would." I said.

"I promise you some day i will have enough guts to come and play the scary big brother in case he try to leave you again or something." He said, smirking while flexing his arm a bit.

"You're impossible Phil." I said, shaking my head while laughing. It was a good change from this morning. I hadn't mind going to the cemetery to see Richy, but i had become a bit sad after that. Seeing Phil had made me feel a bit better.

I have to say, it would be funny to see Phil and Jake interact, maybe i would try to make this happen.