Chapter 21

Hello, lovelies! Please enjoy this chapter! I hope you all are having a good summer so far :)

Excuse any grammatical errors. Here's a long one for you.

-Simone <3

"So what are we doing tonight?"

Today is New Year's Eve and me, Levi, and his squad are currently sitting outside at a restaurant trying to figure out what we're doing tonight.

Hanji and Moblit, who I met a few days ago and was such a sweetie, were currently down at the beach as Hanji said she wanted to look for sea shells to take home with her. Erwin and Miche, who I also met a few days ago and weirdly enough smelled me instead of shaking my hand when Erwin first introduced us. Levi, though in his wheelchair was ready to fight him for getting so close to me and for smelling me the way he did.

Over the past few days, we've done a lot. The zoo, the aquarium, the beach (multiple times of course), a tour of the city, lots of shopping, and trying new restaurants. We even went to a few popular attractions in the area. Some things me and Levi participated in and some things we didn't.

"How about we just relax? I'm beat." Connie said as he rested his head on the table as we waited for our food.

Sasha smacked his head. "No way! We can relax tomorrow before our flight."

"Then what are we going to do?" Armin asked looking at everyone. "We've done a lot already."

They all sat quietly for a moment trying to think of one last adventure we could do before we leave tomorrow afternoon.

I looked over at Levi who was not engaging in the conversation at all as he scrolled on his phone, his face in a small frown. I reached over and placed my thumb in between his eyebrows and rubbed until he looked over at me in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

"You were frowning. This is to get you to relax your face." I told him as I removed my thumb.

"I didn't even know I was doing it."

I giggled. "I'm sure."

"Oooh! How about we go to the pier?" Historia suggested breaking their silence with a big smile. "We can spend the evening and night there to watch the fireworks."

Ymir smiled and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "That's a good idea babe."

"That honestly sounds really fun. Good suggestion Historia," Marco said with a sweet smile. He turned to Jean, "We can go on rides and stuff. Maybe you can even win me something."

I saw Jean's cheeks turn slightly red. "Obviously."

"Captain are you and Ash going to come too?" Eren asked causing everyone to look at us.

Levi looked up from his phone and sighed. "Yes."

"We're going to have so much fun!" Sasha screamed with her arms in the air.

"Okay everyone here's your food." Our waitress said as she set down a platter of our food.

Once it was passed out we dug in and I listened to his squad talk about old memories of theirs or just about things that happened on past trips or things going on right now in their lives. I chimed in every so often or answered a question one of them asked me.

After we ate and paid for our food we all headed back to the hotel to relax for an hour and then meet down in the lobby so we could go to the pier. It wasn't too far away, only about a five-minute walk. We had let the rest of the group know of our plans for the night and they said they would meet us there later.