Chapter 30

Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter :)

Excuse any grammatical errors.

-Simone <3

I blinked. "What?"

He beat me to it.

He loves me. He said he loves me.

Did I hear him correctly?

I heard him correctly.

I know I did.

I still stood near the door, my hands at my sides. I was no longer scared, I was in awe. I didn't expect Levi to admit his feelings first. If anything I expected myself to tell him and just get everything out and he would say he felt the same way and that would be that.

Simple right?

He's not one to talk about his feelings and is unbelievably stubborn, but here he is, surprising me again, being vulnerable with me, and trying to explain his feelings to me.

For me.

"N-Nothing. Nevermind. I shouldn't have said that."

"Too late. You said you love me," I replied. "Unless... you meant it in a friend way?"

"No," he said immediately, lunging forward slightly before he contained himself and sat back. "No. I don't. I mean I meant what I said, but I didn't mean to say it like that."

"How did you mean to say it?"

Levi was visibly shaking as he held onto the blanket like a lifeline. I moved over to the bed and sat down in front of him.

"I had it all planned out," his eyebrows furrowed together as he was frustrated with himself, "at least I thought I did, and how I was going to tell you, but like an idiot... I blurted it out."

"It definitely caught me off guard that's for sure, but it's okay. We have all night so take your time," I reassured.

Levi took a deep breath. "I want... I haven't... but I know.... and I can't...," he let out a frustrated groan as he ran his hands down his face trying to hide how red his cheeks and ears were. "Fuck this is hard."

I could see the wheels turning in his head, regret starting to seep in for not being able to explain his feelings properly. I now straddled him as I took his hands in mine, lowered them from his face, and rested them between us. I didn't want him to spiral or become embarrassed for not being able to tell me exactly what he wanted to. It takes a lot of courage to admit your feelings to someone. Especially in person.

His face flushed as he looked away from me and gathered himself.

"I talked to my mom after the trip... and the night you went on your date with Danni," Levi started. So that's where he was. "She asked if you and me were together yet and when I said no she asked why not and... I was... hesitant. I-I didn't want you to reject me, but... when I grabbed you in my sleep," Levi squeezed my hands tighter, remembering that night and how guilty he felt, "I didn't think I deserved you, but imagining you go out with someone else pisses me off as selfish as it sounds... so I knew I needed to tell you before you went out with that guy from vacation or before you and Danni kept going out..."