Chapter 10

Sorry for the long wait. I've been so busy since it's getting towards the end of the semester. I'll be graduating soon so I won't be able to update as much as I want to but I'm still going to try!

Also thank you for this book already having a 100 views already?? Lolol I'm shocked to say the least. I didn't expect other than 3 people to read my story but thank you :) I hope you're enjoying it.

Nothing else to say other than this chapter is a little sad but necessary.

Excuse any grammatical errors.

-Simone <3

Turning over, I saw Levi laying on his back tossing his head back and forth, mumbling about things I couldn't make out while breathing heavily. His face was covered in sweat with some of his hair sticking to his forehead.

"Levi," I called out to him, but he didn't wake up.

Sitting up in bed, I turned on the lamp on the nightstand and faced Levi who was still talking in his sleep, his breathing speeding up.

I carefully placed a hand on his damp shoulder and shook him with a little force. "Levi."

Nothing, so I tried again. "Levi."

His eyes snapped open and before I knew it Levi was on top of me with his hand on my throat and the other gripping the collar of my shirt as he held me with my head now at the foot of the bed. His teeth were gritted and his face was in a tight scowl, eyebrows furrowed together.

"It's me. I'm not going to hurt you," I soothed, "It's me."

Levi blinked a few times and his face returned to normal. He looked around the room as if he didn't know where he was for a moment, breathing heavily like he had just run a mile.

I let him take his time to gather his thoughts and his surroundings as I continued to look up at him. His hand on my throat never let up it's hold. It was tight, but not tight enough to restrict air. Levi's eyes finally met mine as regret filled them.

"Ash... I'm... sorry... I-I didn't mean to. I was dreaming." He quickly removed his hand from my throat and my shirt and looked at his palms. Levi got off me and sat in the corner of the room and brought his knees to his chest.

I rubbed my throat and sat up, my heart breaking seeing him like this. "Levi it's alright-"

"No, it's not!" He placed his hands in his hair and gripped tightly. "I hurt you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he repeated.

I moved from the bed and onto the floor in front of him. "Levi I'm okay," I said taking his hands off his head, holding them in mine.

What was he dreaming about? The war maybe? What do I do? What should I do? Is there even anything I can do right now?

I'm sure Levi felt embarrassed, ashamed, and guilty for what happened. For having his hands on me like that.

I know he's had dreams before, violent ones based off of the things he mumbles to himself, but after a few seconds he relaxes and I go back to sleep. This time his dream must've felt very real for him to grab me the way he did.

He looked like he wanted to kill me.

I had never seen him look at me like that and I know I don't ever want him to look at me like that.

Levi kept his face hidden in his legs as we sat on the floor holding each other's hands. His breaths were short and broken as he sat completely still. In all my years of knowing him I had never seen him break down. Never seen him broken. Never really seen him even falter. Not even the last day we saw each other. He didn't cry, as much as he wanted to.