Chapter 45 (Retold Chapter 12)

Just a reminder that the next few chapters are retold in the third person, mostly focusing on Levi and his thoughts/feelings.

Excuse any errors.

Enjoy <3

-Simone

"How do I look?"

Levi hears Ash ask him as he's sitting on the couch in the living room reading one of his favorite books in his usual position, legs crossed with his ankle resting on his knee.

He sighed softly and sat his book next to him as he looked Ash up and down a few times, taking her in. She looked cute, but Levi didn't say that.

"What exactly are you supposed to be?"

"A bat! Can't you tell by my wings?" She asked, spinning around so he could see her costume from different angles.

Levi scoffed. "That is not what a bat looks like. It's completely inaccurate."

Ash rolled her eyes and laughed, "Levi it's a costume."

He knew that. He knew that Halloween usually leads to a lot of costumes being inaccurate representations of the things they were. Any occupation with the word 'sexy' in front of it, any animal, mostly bats, cats, and bunnies, just to name a few for example.

And however inaccurate they were he also knew that Ash looked good in her costume. Her black tights and tall boots were doing something to his resolve.

"Whatever," was all he said.

"And what exactly are you supposed to be?" Ash mocked him.

"Myself, " he replied and went back to his book.

He heard Ash giggle as she moved around the apartment making sure she had everything she needed for this party.

Her friend Carter was hosting it and Levi was also invited and he immediately declined once Ash told him this and said he would rather spend time with Hanji than go to a party with her. Unfortunately, after countless times of Ash begging and making that stupid face she makes when she knows she can get her way, he gave in and agreed, but said that he would be there towards the end of the night and not right away.

Levi still didn't understand why he was invited anyway. He didn't know Carter that well and he was going to be surrounded by people a lot younger than him, not to mention everyone would be high, drunk, or a combination of both and he was not in the mood to deal with it. But it was for Ash so he said fuck it. He had it all planned out. Levi would show up at the party at the very end of the night just to pick Ash up since she planned on drinking, bring her back here, put her to bed, and go to bed himself. Until then, he was going to sit here and enjoy his book and relax.

"I'm about to go," Ash says to Levi as she starts to head to the door.

"Oi," Levi calls out to her. Ash stopped walking and turned to face him. The two stared at each other as Levi contemplated complimenting her, but decided against it. "Call me if you need anything before I get there."

"I will."

Levi broke their eye contact quickly to hide his blush, "And be careful."

Ash jogged up to him, placed a kiss on his cheek and quickly ran out the door before he had any time to react.

"I will. See you in a little bit!" She called out to him.

He sat there stunned as Ash had just kissed his cheek. Though the act can be considered childish, Levi couldn't help his face burning with heat as he brought his fingers up to the place where her lips touched his skin.