Chapter 6

Happy Friday beautiful people!

There is a POV switch in this chapter & I hint at the switch (throughout the story) with this ・゚: *・゚:*

There is also a dabble of  spicein this chapter as well. If you're uncomfortable with that you can skip over it!

Excuse any grammatical errors.

Enjoy! <3

-Simone

"What's wrong Carter?"

"Huh?"

"You've been reading the same page of that book for the last ten minutes," Erwin chuckled setting his pen down as he looked at his assistant who sat at her own desk in the corner of his office.

"What's wrong? If you would like to talk about it of course."

Carter sighed and closed her book, putting it off to the side. "I'm just not sure about what to do with my friend Ash."

"The girl you brought with you to the ball a few weeks ago right?"

She nodded. "Yes her. Due to... something that happened, she and her ex are no longer together, but she can't afford to move out of his apartment yet so she's continuing to live there while also bouncing around from place to place, but she only does that if her ex is home and not with his girlfriend. I want her to have a place of her own or live with someone, but she'll just feel like a bother. She's saving up her money for a small apartment and even I don't know how long it'll be until then."

"Mmm." Erwin sat back in his chair, "Are you sure there isn't anyone she can stay with that she knows?"

"As far as friends go there's only me and Michelle and she turned us both down countless times. She did say that her and Levi were good friends but that was a long time ago."

Erwin rose his eyebrows in surprise as this was the first he had heard about this, "Really?"

Carter nodded with a smile. "She was really happy to see him at the ball. She thought he was dead honestly since she hadn't heard from him."

Erwin had suspected that Levi had met someone, but could never figure out who it was and he wasn't going to question his friend about it without some sort of evidence. Erwin noticed that Levi seemed less stoic, a lot more alive, happier even. He would disappear every day for long periods of time and wouldn't return until late at night sometimes. If the day was busy for both men, Levi would be gone for thirty minutes and return to headquarters.

Even when they would come back from an expedition, depending on the time, Levi would shower, change clothes and then be gone for an hour or two. He would attempt to sleep and eat whenever he came back from where he was.

That was something Erwin rose an eyebrow at, but there was no need to question him about his whereabouts or ask him to stop because he continued to get his work done. Whatever he was doing, didn't seem like a distraction.

Erwin only knew that Levi was going to a tea shop because when he came back from his daily activities, his clothes were covered in the fresh scents of tea leaves and sweets, which wasn't out of the ordinary for the Captain. But because of a woman, now it makes sense, but that was before a certain mission. Their last mission.

Once they returned and Levi properly healed, he retreated and returned to his usual ways. He didn't leave and stayed locked away in his room. He wouldn't even come out for food, but Hanji and Erwin would leave food outside of his door. Sometimes Levi ate, and sometimes he didn't. Whenever they did see him he was even quieter than before, only talking when necessary.