Chapter 36

Excuse any grammatical errors.

Enjoy!

-Simone <3

"Where are you going to eat?"

"Some Italian restaurant Carter picked out," I say as I put my earrings in my ear, looking in the mirror as I glance at Levi sitting on the bed behind me. "I forgot the name, but it's close to downtown. It's like a fifteen-minute drive from here."

"And who are you meeting there?"

"It's the bridal party. Just get to meet everyone before the wedding in a few weeks." I get my last earring in and stand up straight as I give my outfit once more look in the mirror, jeans, a light pink long sleeve that was a body suit, and my silver heels. My low ponytail paired with my hoop earrings and lip gloss made the look come together. I look back at Levi and smile. "You're staring."

He meets my eyes in the mirror before he reaches for his phone. "Can you blame me?"

I laugh through my nose, walk over to him, and sit on the bed. "Do you want me to bring you back anything? You could take it to work."

Levi shook his head as he looks at me with low eyes. "I'm fine."

"Okay." I stare back at him and smile wider.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?"

"You're doing the thing."

"What thing?"

"Giving me that look," I said as I straddled him now.

"What look?"

"Like you wanna take all of my clothes off." Levi bit his lip and snuck a quick glance at my lips before he leaned up to kiss me. "You know I could be late for this dinner."

"Carter would kill you," Levi says in between kisses.

"I can take her," I joke back, biting down on Levi's lip as I pull away.

He groans. "Get off of me before you don't go at all."

I giggle, reluctantly remove myself from Levi's lap, and sit next to him again as he returns to his phone. "I'll let you know when I get there."

"You better. Don't make me have to show up looking for you," he says sternly.

I groan and toss my head back because he will not let me live this down. "I forgot to text you one time Levi."

"One time too many. Don't forget anymore," he orders.

I roll my eyes playfully as I look at Levi who is trying desperately to act like whatever he's looking at on his phone is important. Feeling a little mischievous I smile and say, "Yes, Captain."

His eyes shoot over to mine as he shifts, trying to readjust. "Get out."

I lean down and kiss him one last time as I laugh. "I'll see you later."

"Be safe," he says. Which is just Levi's version of 'I love you'.

"Always."

Moving away from him I slip my coat on and start to head to the door when Levi calls out to me.

"Oi," I look at him over my shoulder. "You're not leaving this bedroom when you come back."

I smile. "Looking forward to it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get to the restaurant at the same time as Carter and Reiner who greet me at the entrance. She wore a black skirt, heels, and a lace blue top as Reiner had a button-up that was the same color as Carter's top with dark jeans.