Chapter 48 (Retold Chapter 36)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know my Rin x Black OC fic is up for those of you who want to read it :) There are only a few chapters up. I plan on posting one or two more and then completely posting the rest of this story before I keep working on that one!

Happy reading and excuse any errors.

-Simone <3

"Where are you going to eat?"

Ash answers him as she's getting ready to leave. Levi, however, is not paying attention fully. Just enough to where he could repeat back what she said to him if she asked.

"And who are you meeting there?"

Again she answers him, but he's not listening. He's too focused on watching her get dressed. Levi hated that she could do anything, the simplest of things like putting earrings in, and he thought it was the most attractive thing ever.

He hadn't even noticed that she was looking at him until he heard her say, "You're staring."

Levi meets her eyes in the bathroom mirror before he reaches for his phone as a distraction so he can subtly readjust himself. "Can you blame me?"

Ash laughs through her nose, walks over to him, and sits on the bed. "Do you want me to bring you back anything? You could take it to work."

Levi shook his head as he forced himself to keep looking at her in the eyes.

"I'm fine."

"Okay."

She stares back at him and smiles wider causing Levi's ears to become hot.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?"

"You're doing the thing."

"What thing?"

"Giving me that look," she said as she straddled him.

"What look?" He asked genuinely.

"Like you wanna take all of my clothes off."

He did. Walls, he did so badly. Levi bit his lip, glancing at Ash's lips as he did so. He was listening to this selfish side of him as he leaned in to kiss her. The kiss is innocent but Levi's body is extremely warm.

"You know I could be late for this dinner," Ash says jokingly, but a little serious.

"Carter would kill you," Levi replies in between kisses.

"I can take her," she jokes back, biting down on Levi's lip as she pulls away.

He groans and as much as he wants to indulge Ash he knows she needs to leave. "Get off of me before you don't go at all."

She giggles, reluctantly removes herself from Levi's lap, and sits next to him again as he returns to his phone. "I'll let you know when I get there."

"You better. Don't make me have to show up looking for you," he says sternly while silently making sure Ash can't see what he's looking at.

He hears her let out a noise in annoyance. "I forgot to text you one time Levi."

"One time too many. Don't forget anymore," he orders his eyes scanning the page. Levi knows Ash is staring at him, and he feels it, so he continues to not look up at her.