Chapter 28

Ignited. That was exactly how Rebecca was feeling. What her and Colby had done, had lit her up inside. Unraveling something that, she realizes now, had been humming beneath her skin for a long time.

Everything that had happened was something Rebecca had been wanting to happen for a long while. But she let her buts, fears, and doubts weigh her down. Now that the two had kissed she wanted more, she craved more, and she didn't think she was going to be able to ignore it for much longer.

Not after having a taste of what could be hers. And she wasn't just talking about Colby's lips. For the first time since they had landed in Ireland, every touch, look, smile, and words was real. After that kiss, she knew that everything Colby had done was because he wanted to.

Every time he kissed her forehead, every time he kissed her cheek, and every time he whispered something in her ear, it wasn't because her family was looking and they had a role to play. It was because he wanted her to hear how beautiful he thought she was and how lucky he felt to have her in his arms.

It was now Friday. Which meant it had been two days since the two's conversation, or really make-out session.  And all either of them could think about, was one another. The two had finished packing for the after wedding trip, and Colby left a few minutes ago to grab them something to eat.

After the wedding is over, the two would be traveling up to a luxurious hotel located next to a beach, so that they could have fun while Katie and Richie went off to their honeymoon. Katie and Richie knew the duo would only be in Ireland for two weeks, so they wanted them to have an opportunity to relax and have fun for their last week, so they booked them a room.

Rebecca was sitting in her living room when Colby walked through the front door. He closed the door behind him and Rebecca couldn't help but stare from her position on the couch.

One of his arms was behind his back, making her tilt her head with curiosity. He smiled, and when he revealed what was in his hand, Rebecca almost screamed at him to stop going after her heart. Because it wasn't going to survive.

A box of doughnuts, some glazed and some filled with chocolate cream. "Colby Lopez," She said feeling as if something were being squeezed in the bottom of her heart. "Did you just go and buy me my favorite kind of doughnuts?"

His smile turned into a grin. A bashful, unassumingly handsome grin. And Rebecca's heart squeezed some more. "I knew you'd be hungry. Especially after we packed all morning. So yes, I got your favorite."

"Well I am hungry." Rebecca admitted, her voice feeling oddly wrong. "Thank you!"

He walked across the front foyer and into the living room, and placed the doughnuts on the coffee table in front of Rebecca. She reached over to grab one, but when Colby turned around her eyes wondered to his back.

Rebecca watched as he took his suit jacket off and placed it on the only chair in the room. Dangerous thoughts started piling up in her head, traveling down to the pit of her stomach. When Colby finally faced her those thoughts were probably displayed all over her face.

Their gazes connected, and an uncontrollable blush rose up to her neck, reaching her cheeks. She averted her gaze and leaned up to grab a doughnut that was still calling her name.

Rebecca sensed Colby coming closer and when she felt the couch dip beside of her she froze. "Relax." Colby said taking a bite of his doughnut that he must have grabbed while she was still frozen. "We don't have to make things awkward between us."

He looked up at her, their gazes meeting. "I'm sorry if us...making out was too much. I understand i came on a little strong so I apologize."

Rebecca's lips parted but nothing came out. "Rebecca, baby, you have to say something. You're starting to freak me out."

Baby. That baby did things to Rebecca. And she liked it. Maybe too much. "You have nothing to apologize for Colby. We both know we enjoyed each other." She looked into his eyes again. "You were perfect...you are perfect."

The last part she said came out in a whisper, but Colby still heard her. He smiled as he set his doughnut down on a napkin. He then reached over cupping Rebecca's cheek and pressing a soft kiss on her lips. "You are too Becks..."

They both smiled before turning their heads towards knocking on the front door. Rebecca looked at Colby who sat back, picking up his doughnut along the way. She got up and walked to the door. "Hey mom... What's going on?"

Annette smiled. "Hey dear. I was just bringing over the leftovers from dinner the other night. I know how much you like their food."

Rebecca nodded and stood aside to let her mother walk in before shutting the door. "You didn't have to do that mom."

Annette placed the food on the counter. "Oh it's alright! I wanted to. You two should have been able to sit down and enjoy your meal like everyone else, but Bryan had other plans so..."

Rebecca pressed her lips together. "Yeah..."

Annette then waved at Colby. "Hello dear. I dropped off some food for yuns."

Colby smiled. "Thank you Ma'am."

Annette smiled and gave Rebecca a hug. "Alright. I need to go. I have to put in the cake order."

Rebecca smiled and watched as her mom left in a hurry. She then walked back into the living room to sit down beside Colby. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her before they laid back on the couch watching tv happily.