Chapter 27

Rebecca's mouth opened but nothing came out. She sniffled while Colby kept wiping her tears away with his hand. She reached up and placed her hand on his shoulder, "What...?"

Colby then sighed and rested his forehead against hers. "If i kiss you, I don't know if I will be able to stop. You're everything to me, Rebecca. You're my light. My passion. Your laughter alone can lift my mood and turn my day around for the better, even if I'm not the one you're trying to make laugh. Every time you walk into a room you light it up, Rebecca. You hold that kind of power. And having the opportunity to be your date to this wedding has made me realize, that each and every one of your powers, even the ones that drive me crazy in ways I can't explain, have made want to be your boyfriend."

Rebecca then smiled and let another tear fall, only this time it wasn't a sad one. Her heart skipped a beat. Then another until she felt like she couldn't breathe. For a few moments she stood there staring back into his eyes.

Some people claimed that the most beautiful thing anyone had ever done for them was buying them expensive things, writing a poem, or taking them on a huge vacation. But right then, as she was cocooned in Colby's long legs, and his fingers rubbing her cheeks so softly, Rebecca realized she didn't want or need any of that. Because the words that he has told her, tonight and prior to tonight, was the most beautiful thing she would ever hear about herself.

This man. Kept showing Rebecca how perfect she was. Kept unveiling all these beautiful parts of her, which made her giddy and dizzy for more of him.

"I tried to forget about him Colby. I really did..." He pulled his head back, still keeping his hand on her cheek, soothing her. He gave her a look that told her to keep going. "I loved Bryan, more than I should have, but I thought that's what I deserved. Because he would tell me all these bad things about me and I believed him."

Colby gave her a sympathetic smile. "He made me hate myself Colby. But I'm so glad he treated me that way." Rebecca gave him a small smile. "I'm glad he treated me that way because now I know how worthy of love I really am. And that's because of you Lopez."

"You've done nothing but be good to me. You've showed me how much you really care for me, and how much you appreciate me for being who I am. All these things that I once hated about myself, you've made me love them again, by telling me how much you admire me."

Colby smiled and rested his forehead back on hers. "You're an amazing person Colby...inside and out. And I hope, that maybe, if everything lines out the way it's supposed to be, me and you really can be together..."

Colby let a tear fall which made Rebecca chuckle. "I thought you didn't cry."

Colby shook his head smiling. "Well when you hear something like that coming from someone you're crazy about , it makes you feel some things."

The two then laughed and hugged each other. Everything that happened in the past hurt Rebecca, but now she had Colby to help her fix it. She knew she wasn't broken, she just needed to find her person.

They remained that way for a long while. Rebecca then looked back on all the things Colby had told her family on this trip, and realized that he wasn't just bull crapping it, he was telling them how he felt about her.

He pulled back first and cupped her cheeks. "Can i put us out of our misery?"

Rebecca smiled and nodded. "Yeah..." She whispered laughing. "Kiss me, Colby."

A growl left Colby's throat and before Rebecca could think about anything else, Colby's lips were on hers.

Colby had kissed her as if he had been starving for an eternity. His hard body coming against hers, desperately seeking for anything she could give him.

Their lips had opened, both of them ravaging for more, while his hands moved up and down her sides. Rebecca's hands flew to his chest and everything felt so perfect.

Colby's hands roamed all over her black jumpsuit, all while his tongue danced against hers. Another press of his hips made her body quiver, sending more heat to her thighs. Insanity was pumping through their veins.

He rocked against her again, and again making her whimper. "That sound." Colby breather into her skin. "It's driving me insane."

"More." Rebecca implied. She wanted him. Colby, Colby, Colby.

As he rocked against her hips in one firm motion, his lips found hers again, muffling another one of her moans. "You are killing me Rebecca." He said against her lips.

After a few more hungry kisses, Colby grazed her lips with his. "I can't do this no more..."

Rebecca then looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?" She breathed out.

"Because your whole family is in that restaurant. And the first time we make love, it's not going to be a quick one against a wall." He said sighing.

Rebecca blushed and  nodded as she patted down her jumpsuit making sure everything was in place before looking at Colby, who was doing the same to his suit. "You told them you were leaving so we should probably head home."

Rebecca gasped. "Crap. I forgot about that." She then leaned up and gave him a short hungry kiss before stepping back down. She looked over her shoulder to make sure her family were still seated and then they ran out the door hand in hand.