Chapter 25

Colby was walking into the building with his box in hand when he saw Bryan drive away from the driveway. He immediately squared his jaw knowing exactly why he was just there.

He went inside and placed his box down on the floor before looking around for Rebecca. It was a big building and now that Rebecca had decorations placed everywhere, it was hard for him to find her.

He was hoping he hadn't done anything to her, because if he did he might go to prison for doing something to Bryan.

He turned a corner and found her sitting at a table crying. He bent down and wrapped his arms around her, "Hey...you're ok. I'm here Becks."

Rebecca then stood up and wrapped her arms around him burying her face into his chest. Colby didn't know what he said to her, but if his mind didn't change he was going to hurt Bryan before the day was over.

Colby placed his hand on the back of her head while he caressed her back softly. He was going to give her time before he asked questions, no matter how long it took.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes before she looked up at him with teary stained eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be crying..."

Colby chuckled and pushed her hair out of her face. "It's ok love. We've had a rough two days, and Bryan just topped the cake."

Rebecca laughed and hugged him. She melted into him when she felt his arms tighten around her waist. She was hoping Bryan was wrong, because Colby's not acting like her boyfriend because of her "sexy body"...right?

Rebecca pulled back and stared into Colby's dark brown eyes. "Are you ok?"

Rebecca nodded and Colby leaned down to press his forehead to hers. "What did he do Rebecca? Because you know I will take care of him."

Rebecca shook her head. "He's not worth it. He's just being a douche."

Colby chuckled and pulled back wiping her face. "Don't listen to anything that comes out of his mouth. Like I said before, he's jealous that you're mine now."

Your mine now. Rebecca blushed at those words and just stood there for a moment. Her worries went away after she let those words sink in. He said those words once before, so she knew he wasn't using her.

When she heard music playing from afar she furrowed her eyebrows and when she looked up she expected Colby to have the same look on his face. But he wasn't there. She turned around and found him on the dance floor trying to dance.

Colby just stood there waving his arms in the air, moving his hips to the beat with his eyes closed. Rebecca smiled and wiped at her face. "I'm dancing like this at the wedding." He called out doing a spin.

Rebecca shook her head as she watched. "No. Please no." She chuckled. "If you do that at the wedding I'm gonna break up with my fake boyfriend."

Colby then laughed and stopped, turning around to look at her. "Ok fine I'll stop doing that stupid dance." He then smirked as he started trying to do the Irish jig. "Most people will be doing this won't they? I need to practice."

Rebecca let out a big laugh leaning over holding her stomach. She stood back up straight and laughed as she watched him try to jig. "Colby stop before you hurt yourself." She said smiling.

Colby turned off the music and ended the dance with jazz hands. "Ta da. You don't have to cheer for me, I know how good I am."

Rebecca laughed and playfully slapped his arm when he got closer to her. "You're insane Lopez."

Colby nodded as he leaned down and pressed his lips to her forehead, rubbing her face at the same time. "Yeah, insane for you."

     .            .            .             .             .               .            .

The next night the two were scrambling trying to get ready for dinner with Rebecca's family. They were all going to a fancy restaurant, and wanted Rebecca and Colby to come too. Of course they agreed, but they didn't realize they didn't pack anything formal to wear besides their beach outfits.

So, Rebecca took them shopping at Dublin mall so that they could get them some outfits. Colby found him a suit pretty quick and sat down on a bench to wait for Rebecca. It took her almost 30 minutes before she came and found him. "Sorry it took me a while. I wanted to look pretty."

Colby smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her waist. "You're already pretty." The two then went home and unpacked their things before going to get ready.

Rebecca was in the bathroom curling her hair when Colby walked in with his suit on. He looked in her bedroom mirror before walking to the bathroom where he stood and admired Rebecca.

She turned around and gave him a smile before finishing her hair. "You look handsome..."

Colby smiled and did a pose. "Thank you. You look amazing Becks."

Rebecca smiled as she played with her hair. She then put on lipstick before turning around towards him. The two stared into each other's eyes, neither one breaking eye contact, before Colby placed his hands on her waist pulling her closer to him.

Rebecca placed her hands on his chest and when he bent down to her forehead she felt his breath on her skin. Rebecca then leaned up and placed one hand on his face and they both stared at each other's lips. The both then leaned in and before Rebecca could touch his lips he pulled back stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Rebecca would be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed because right then, was the first time in forever that she wanted his lips on hers. She just shook it off though pressing her lips together. "We should probably get going."

Colby sighed then grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers together, and they left to go to dinner.