Chapter 3

As Brad talked and talked and talked, the more Rebecca wanted to jump out of the windows behind her. He had stopped talking almost 3 times to laugh and tell one of the men a joke, and all she wanted to do was choke him. They had one of the best companies coming Friday, and they needed a good engineer plan to present to them. Also Rebecca had some ideas that she was really wanting to share, but she didn't think she was going to do that with the men goofing off.

She might be the only female, but her, Colby, and Joe were the hard workers of their department. When Brad slammed his hand on the table laughing, Rebecca rolled her eyes and started doodling on her notebook.

She was minding her own business when Tom—one of the most arrogant and perverted people she had ever met— rolled his chair over beside of her. He smiled at her, "Are you going to be telling us your ideas today?"

Rebecca sighed and kept on doodling. "Yep. Whenever he gets done."

Tom nodded and leaned in closer to her. "Did you ever consider that date?"

Tom Philip, someone who Rebecca wished fell off of planet earth, had asked Rebecca out about a week ago. He bragged on her outfit saying it showed off her curves, and that he thought she was the right woman for him because of her beauty. Tom was a 48 year old man who Rebecca wanted absolutely nothing to do with, and when he told her that he wanted to be with her she gave him the most disgusted look ever. After she told him no, he moved forward and tried to cup her face but she slapped him and ran off. Now he was in the meeting with her, asking the same thing again...

"Tom we are in a meeting right now." She continued doodling while he chuckled and leaned back in his chair.

"So? Me and you are not doing anything so it would be a perfect time to go out on a date." He sat the chair back up and placed his hand on her chair, tugging at her hair. Rebecca sat uncomfortably while he continued. "Come on hot stuff." He then lowered his voice, "I bet you could show me some of your sexy body. I will even let you top me."

Tom then proceeded to place his hand on her thigh giving it a hard squeeze. Rebecca shifted fearfully, and tried to pull it away, but he nudged her hand away and started going further up her thigh.

Without thinking Rebecca jumped up and pushed his hand away. "What the hell Tom!"

Rebecca then felt all eyes on her, and when she turned around to look at the others, eyes were definitely all on her. "Uh-I- I'm sorry." She fiddled with her fingers staring at everyone.

"Ms. Quin." Brad said clearing his voice. "Is something wrong?"

Yeah! You have a pervert working for you and he just tried to finger me! Rebecca looked at Brad before moving her eyes towards Tom—who was smirking up at her—before moving them to Colby's concerned ones. "No...I just...I need to take 5." She then adjusted her skirt before quickly walking out of the conference room.

I hate men, I hate men, I absolutely hate fucking men. She repeated going to the coffee room. Thankfully when she walked in no one was there, so she went over to the coffee pot and brewed her some coffee.

While it was brewing, she went over to the cupboard and grabbed a mug that said "It's going to be a good day" and rolled her eyes, because it was in fact, not going to be a good day. Once the coffee was done she poured it into the mug and leaned her body against the counter taking a long sip.

She stayed in there for longer than 5 minutes, but she didn't care. She needed to get away from Tom, and the other petty men in that room. When she heard a knock on the door her heart froze, but when she looked up and saw who it was, it calmed down a bit. "Come here to check on the crazy woman?" Rebecca asked moving over to the sink to wash the mug out.

Colby chuckled and stuffed his hands into his pocket. "I saw what Tom did." He said ignoring her question. When Rebecca looked at him fearfully he shook his head. "It was disgusting. Are you okay?"

Rebecca fiddled with her ring that her father gave her before he died. Every time she got scared or nervous she always played with it. When Colby stepped closer to her she finally looked up. Colby gave her a sympathetic smile. "I just...didn't expect it ya know? I was the only female in the room and I know how Brad is so..."

Colby nodded. "Yeah. I was going to say something but I didn't know if you wanted me to or not."

He's actually being really nice. Rebecca smiled and nodded. "Thank you, but I'm glad you didn't. Tom would have just harassed me at my desk so."

Colby nodded and pressed his lips together and formed a smile. "If he bothers you anymore report him. Brad should do something about it, and if he don't then I'll talk to that bastard myself."

Rebecca chuckled and rocked on her heals again. "Thank you Colby..." When he nodded Rebecca opened her mouth to say something but Brad came and knocked on the door.

"Quin, Lopez...are you coming back to the meeting?" He asked smirking at them both.

Colby pulled his hands out of his pockets and looked over at Rebecca. "Yeah we will be there in just a second. We were just talking."

Brad gave them thumbs and walked out of the room. "I know you had a presentation to do, so I just wanted to let you know I'm excited to hear your ideas."

Rebecca smiled and nodded, and watched as he left the room. She played with her ring one more time and started walking towards the conference room. Tom may have ruined her day, but Colby may have just made it a little bit better.