Chapter 35

"Alright, Jimin, let's not act childish anymore," Yoongi said, gently rubbing his back and offering a comforting pat. Jimin acquiesced with a slight pout, reciprocating with a brotherly hug before they all settled in the living room, awaiting Taehyung's return.

"Do you think it was appropriate to send her to Taehyung?" J-Hope inquired, growing concerned by the lack of noise from their room.

"They're probably just talking, Hyung," Jungkook suggested uncertainly. Jimin furrowed his brows, his fingers fidgeting with unease.

"I'll go check on them. I feel guilty for sending her in that state. What if Taehyung is upset and takes it out on her?" Yoongi suggested, rising from his seat. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Just as Yoongi approached the door to knock, it swung open to reveal Taehyung, now sporting a smile. "Looks like the conversation went smoothly," Yoongi remarked. Taehyung nodded and glanced behind him. Y/n stood there, fully dressed and seemingly fine, though her blush betrayed some embarrassment.

"Everyone's concerned, and we've spoken to Jimin. He'll put an end to his foolish behavior," Yoongi assured. Taehyung nodded, holding no ill will toward Jimin, but rather worried about preserving their friendship despite the situation with Y/n.

"Don't worry, I'll have a word with him too," Taehyung added before exiting the room, with Y/n trailing behind as they made their way downstairs.

"Ah-"

She winced as she felt a slight pain down there, prompting Taehyung to turn to her quickly while Yoongi stopped to see what had happened. "Are you okay?" Taehyung asked urgently, taking her hand. She nodded, biting her lower lip.

"Does it still hurt?" Yoongi inquired, causing both Taehyung and Y/n to freeze. "W-what?" Y/n gulped nervously, looking at him.

"Your leg, you injured it the other day, remember?" he clarified, waiting for her response. "Oh, that. Yes, I-I'm okay," she replied, relieved. Both she and Taehyung sighed and continued walking downstairs slowly.

"What happened to Y/n? She's limping," Jin frowned, drawing everyone's attention towards them. Jungkook raised his brows with a smirk, prompting Jimin to notice and elbow him in the stomach. "What?" Jungkook mouthed innocently, but Jimin quickly shook his head.

"I think your pain got worse," Namjoon remarked as Y/n entered the living room, looking flustered once again. "Pain in your leg," Namjoon clarified. Y/n nodded with a nervous smile.

"Y-yes. I think so," she muttered. Taehyung cleared his throat and took a seat beside Jimin. They both remained quiet until Jimin decided to break the silence. "Sorry, Tae," he voiced out. Taehyung looked at him and smiled before patting his shoulder.

"Let's talk later," Taehyung said.

"Y/n, sorry for earlier," he added, pursing his lips into a tight smile and looking down with remorse.

She simply nodded and sat beside Jungkook, who couldn't seem to stop giving her side glances.

"Ah... I just remembered, they'll be airing the interview today and the photos will be released on socials," Namjoon mentioned as he pulled out his phone.

"I'm excited to see how they came out," J-Hope remarked.

"Soobin and them were there as well," Yoongi added, resting his neck and face on his hand. "Yeah, they had a photoshoot, I think," Jungkook chimed in.

That's when Y/n remembered that she forgot to tell them about Yeonjun seeing her.

"Uh... I have to tell you all something," she said, prompting everyone to turn their attention to her.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked. She gulped before shifting forward from her seat.

"That day... Yeonjun talked to me," she revealed. The boys frowned, looking shocked.

"What? I mean, how?" Taehyung asked, perplexed. She shook her head cluelessly.

"I don't know, but he approached me thinking I had an audition there, and that's when I ran away," she confessed. Everyone tilted their heads, trying to figure out how that happened.

"But no one else besides him saw you?" Namjoon asked. She shook her head, biting her lip nervously.

"That's strange now," Jin raised his brow in surprise.

"Maybe it's because you wanted him to see you," Jimin suggested, leaving you surprised by his statement. "I mean, you ended up here because of that same reason," he added on. You remained confused, and so did the others.

"It can be a matter of concern if others start seeing you. I think we need to be careful now," said Namjoon, slipping into his leader mode. Jin and Yoongi agreed, while the others pursed their lips in thought.

"I-I think I shouldn't go out with you guys anymore," Y/n said. They didn't like the idea, but now they really needed to be careful.

"Maybe you can, but just stay in the car—" Yoongi began, but Jungkook interjected, "What if our driver starts seeing her?" effectively canceling the idea.

Jin heaved a sigh and looked down.

-----

"Doctor, how is my daughter?" Y/n's father asked as they watched Y/n laying on the bed, unconscious. Her parents were initially happy when they first heard that she regained consciousness, but seeing her like this again broke their spirits.

The doctor sighed.

"Well, the good news is that she can regain consciousness anytime, but the thing is... something's holding her back. I don't think she wants to come back yet," he explained, causing her father to look at him as if the doctor was speaking nonsense.

"What?" Her father chuckled incredulously.

"Her soul, what do you think happens to the soul when a person goes into a coma?" the doctor asked. Her father just shrugged his shoulders cluelessly.

"They leave the body and roam. We can't see them, but they can. And as far as I think, your daughter's soul is out of her body and is not here in this hospital. I think she has found her happy place somewhere," the doctor explained.

The man before him was too stunned to speak. "Doctor, you seriously believe in those?" he scoffed.

"Well, I have seen many cases, and why do you think those odd things happen to her body? It's because her soul is living somewhere," he said.

"Wait, so you're saying my daughter is living somewhere, with whom, and why wouldn't she come back to her body?" The man was getting frustrated now.

"Well, that I don't know, but one thing I know is that if someone were to regain her consciousness, her soul should be willing to," he said. Her father just heaved a breath and looked at him with a sad frown.

"she must have found a really good place then... she doesn't even miss her parents."

He watched her daughter with tears in his eyes. They all missed her and seeing her body just lying there lifelessly, He just trembled every time.

****