Chapter 32

One week had passed since the kiss incident, and ever since then, your life had become chaotic. Jimin would frequently appear out of nowhere, demanding a kiss, only to be chased away each time by either Jin or Taehyung. You were grateful that Yoongi hadn't joined in the chase, or else—

"I can't even refuse him; his intense glare could pierce through my clothes," you mused to yourself, preoccupied with such thoughts as you made your way downstairs after being summoned by Jin to the studio room.

The boys had grown particularly fond of you, more so than ever before. You found yourself constantly surrounded by them wherever you went. Once, even in the bathroom, Jungkook insisted on keeping you company, oblivious to your need for privacy. It was beyond embarrassing; you needed to use the restroom, but you couldn't bring yourself to explain the situation to your bias wrecker. So, you resorted to running the shower and turning on the tap to mask any noises. You know what I mean.

"Jin oppa— Jimin?" You exclaimed in surprise upon entering the room, finding Jimin instead of Jin.

"Hi," he greeted, rising from his chair and waving at you.

"Where's Jin Oppa, or did you trick me?" you inquired, to which he chuckled, confirming your suspicion.

You sighed and turned to leave.

"Don't go," he pleaded, swiftly blocking your path. "What do you want?" you asked, noticing his lips and the way his eyes flickered to yours. You understood the hint instantly, tensing up and puckering your lips while widening your eyes.

"No, I'll tell everyone," you warned, scowling at him.

"No one's even here; we can— ow, ouch!" Jimin's sentence was cut short as the door burst open with a sudden force, causing him to tumble to the ground.

As expected, it was Taehyung who had barged in. He shot a glare at Jimin before turning his attention to you. "You perverted mochi," he accused, swiftly grabbing Jimin by the ears, eliciting a loud groan of pain.

"Ow, ow, ouch! Stop it, Taehyung," Jimin winced as he was hauled to his feet by his ears.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung demanded, glaring at Jimin. Jimin pouted and rubbed his ears. "You ruined it," he muttered, you turned to leave.

"Stop," Taehyung's voice cut through the tension, and he directed his gaze first to you, then to Jimin. Jimin appeared disappointed and avoided meeting his eyes.

"Y/n," Taehyung called your name, and you looked at him blankly, hoping to escape their argument.

"Kiss him," he instructed. You blinked, thinking you misheard him.

"W-what?" you asked, seeking clarification. Taehyung sighed and took hold of your arms, guiding you in front of Jimin.

"Kiss him," Taehyung repeated, and your mouth fell open in astonishment. Your heart raced, and fear gripped you as Taehyung remained stoic. Even Jimin seemed taken aback by his words.

"Are you serious?" you asked incredulously, to which Taehyung hesitantly nodded.

"But—"

"Now, it's up to her decision, Jimin. I told her to kiss you, but if she chooses not to, you must respect that and leave her alone," Taehyung asserted. Jimin nodded, his gaze conflicted as he looked at you.

"And what happens if I do kiss him?" you inquired. Taehyung took a deep breath at your question, running his tongue over his inner cheek before approaching you.

"We'll break up, and you can date him," he responded bluntly. You were taken aback by his cold words, glancing at Jimin with a firm 'no' evident in your expression before retreating behind Taehyung's arm.

"No. I won't kiss him," you declared, seeking refuge behind Taehyung. A smirk of triumph formed on Taehyung's lips while Jimin's expression turned somber.

You felt a pang of sadness as you watched Jimin depart, a part of you yearning to embrace him tightly. However, you doubted he would simply give up there. Taehyung turned to you, gently cupping your cheeks.

"I'm sorry for mentioning a breakup. It was just to dissuade him," he murmured. Relief washed over you, but a lingering sense of sadness remained. "What's with that expression? Did you really want to kiss him that badly?" he teased.

"Taehyung, I just feel really awful," you confessed. His brows furrowed, and a hint of jealousy flickered in his eyes. "It's okay. You shouldn't do something you don't want just to make him feel better. And for me, no man can share the girl he loves," he muttered before pressing a gentle kiss to your lips. Despite his reassurance, you couldn't help but pout and cast your gaze downward, still feeling melancholic.

"Can I just go and see him?" you asked, a hint of urgency in your voice. He hesitated for a moment before nodding.

"Just don't kiss him, or we're really over," he warned sternly. You narrowed your eyes at him before exiting. Taehyung sighed heavily and ran his hands through his hair.

"Why is Jimin doing this?" he wondered aloud, his frustration evident in his tone.

"Jimin, wait up," Y/n called out as she hurried after him, his determined strides taking him quickly upstairs.

"It's okay, you don't have to follow me. I'm going to practice singing now," Jimin replied, his pace unyielding as he refused to look at her. Despite his words, she continued to trail after him until they reached his room.

Growing frustrated, Jimin pressed her against the wall. "Stop it," he murmured softly, tears welling up in his eyes. She gazed at him with sadness and gently took hold of his hands.

"K-kiss me if that's what will make you happy," she offered unexpectedly, catching Jimin off guard. He remained still, processing her words. "Does that mean you're ready for the consequences?" he questioned, aware that she likely wasn't.

She shook her head hesitantly, her gaze falling to the ground.

"Forget about it. I'm not just after a kiss; I want you," he stated, his frustration evident as he turned away, concealing his troubled expression. She swallowed nervously, averting her eyes with a sigh.

"I'm sorry," she muttered softly. Jimin turned his head slightly in her direction, acknowledging her apology.

"I'm going to practice now. You can go out," Jimin said, attempting to sound as gentle as possible. She clenched her hand into a loose fist before tentatively hugging him from behind.

"I-I can hug you whenever you want, though," she said softly. Jimin held his breath, his lips pressing tightly together.

"Wouldn't that cause you problems?" he asked, uncertainty lacing his words. She shrugged, exhaling a sigh. "Still better than the kiss," she muttered. Jimin scoffed and pulled her hand tighter, drawing her into a firm embrace.

"What am I going to do with you?" he clicked his tongue lightly, his touch gentle as he caressed your hand. Instantly, warmth spread through your abdomen, and your heart fluttered in response.

****