Chapter 9

"Doctor, is there still no improvement in the patient in room number 3?" The nurse asked as they stood in the hall. "No, but something's really strange with her," he said, turning to her. "Strange, what?" she asked, the man tilting his head. "I don't know, it's just that her body temperature fluctuates easily, and yesterday... I ran a few tests on her and I found some percentage of alcohol in her blood, but it wasn't there a few days before."

"What? How is that possible?" The nurse looked at him in surprise. "I know, right? I still can't figure out what's wrong. We have to keep a close eye on her," he told her.

~~~

The hall filled with loud laughter and murmuring. "Hey, it's not funny," said Namjoon, sitting up straight. "I missed that. Was she singing that?" J-Hope asked a smile still on his lips. "Yes, it's all because of Jin Hyung. He let her drink yesterday," said Namjoon, letting out a scoff.

"I didn't know she would create a scene like that. I also had to go through the same embarrassment. You're making it sound like you're the only victim," whined Jin, pointing his finger at Namjoon. The maknae's laughed amongst themselves.

"But where is she? Still sleeping?" J-Hope asked, looking around.

"Good morning," Taehyung greeted with a warm smile as he walked down, looking at each one of them. "Morning. Where is Y/n?" Jin asked as Taehyung joined them in the hall.

"Y/n?" All of them looked at Jin in confusion. "Ah, her name is Y/n, she told me yesterday," Jin clarified. "Oh," Jungkook sipped on his banana milkshake, his doe eyes widening cluelessly as he curled himself up on the sofa, leaning into Yoongi's warmth.

"She's not in the room," Taehyung says hesitantly. "What? Where is she then?" Yoongi asks, bolting up. "Well, she was in the room earlier, but I can't find her anymore. I thought she was down here, so..." Taehyung trails off.

"Where could she have gone?" J-hope frowns, looking at everyone. "Did she leave again?" Jimin suggests. "Really?" Namjoon joins in. "Yah, yah...check the cameras," says Jin, standing up.

Taehyung quickly grabs the iPad from the table and sits beside Namjoon and J-hope. "Well, she really did leave, I guess," says Taehyung as they watch Y/n step out from the door. "Without telling us?" Jin scoffs. They all look at each other worriedly.

" who left?"

"Argh!" Everyone shouted at the voice ringing in the hall. They all looked towards the doorway, where she was standing, looking at each of them with wide eyes. "Aish, you startled us," said Jimin, putting his hand on his chest. "Oh, sorry," she presses her lips.

"Where did you go?" Yoongi asks, eyeing her. "Oh, that? I went for a walk," she said while making her way towards them. "A walk? What if someone saw you coming out of the house?" He asks.

"Hyung, no one can see her, though," said Jungkook hesitantly. "It would've been better if we also couldn't see her," he says, scoffing. Y/n looks down in disappointment.

"Sorry," she murmurs, turning around. "Where are you going again?" he asks, standing up.

"I-I was actually leaving, but then I thought I should let you all know," she explains, "You all saved me yesterday, and I wanted to say thank you and sorry to Jin oppa and Namjoon oppa for yesterday." She speaks with guilt, while Yoongi sighs out and looks away.

" i-it's okay, you don't have to be sorry," says Namjoon.

"Thank you," she turns around, bowing before them. "I shall leave now," she says, pursing a slight smile.

"W-where?" J-hope asks, stepping up.

"I-I don't know," she replies, looking at him with a nervous smile. They all exchange glances, uncertain of what to do next.

"Why don't you just stay here?" Jimin suggests, looking at the others and then at Y/n.

"Uh, no, it's okay, and I don't want to be troubling you all," she says, forming her hands into fists.

"Thanks for being so considerate, but you can stay here. Since no one else can see you besides us, it can be hard for you if you get into any trouble like yesterday. Plus, it's a plus point for you since no one can catch you if you stay with us," Yoongi states.

"Will you not mind?" she asks. He looks at her, pursing his lips. "No, you can stay here," he says, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Really? Thank you!" she exclaims, a smile taking over her lips.

"Oh, does it mean you didn't care about our opinion? She just wanted to be accepted by Yoongi, I guess," says Jin, suppressing his smile.

"No, if you all don't agree, I'll leave this instant," she tells them earnestly.

"No need, we were just kidding," he says, breaking into a soft smile.

****