Chapter 19

Jin inquired, his mouth full of rice, "What kept you both?" Taehyung remained silent, smirking as he poured himself a glass of wine, while Y/n simply glanced at her plate, her cheeks still flushed.

"I'm definitely looking forward to a solid sleep tonight," Yoongi remarked. They all anticipated the chance to rest after exhausting days and nights of practice. Y/n had gained a deeper appreciation for sleep witnessing their rigorous training and minimal rest during events, making her treasure it more than ever before.

"Me too," chimed in Jimin, already yawning. Namjoon rubbed his face, appearing noticeably fatigued. "I'm hitting the hay first. Maybe I'll read myself to sleep," he announced, rising from his seat.

After bidding everyone goodnight and tidying up his dishes, he headed off to bed.

Y/n stayed around the living hall with the maknae's before Jungkook decided he wanted to sleep and so did Jimin. she followed them back to her room after saying goodnight to both of them.

She paused outside her room, sensing someone's gaze upon her. Turning around, she found Taehyung staring at her. "Goodnight," he said before retreating to his own room. Her heart leaped into her throat; he was intimidatingly attractive. Hastily, she entered her room, feeling goosebumps prickle across her skin.

" He's gonna be the end of me," she murmured and got in the bed.

Later that night, she found herself unable to drift off to sleep. Taehyung's words echoed in her mind, and the memory of their shared kiss lingered warmly on her lips. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard the faint sound of a doorknob being turned. Quickly, she feigned sleep, hoping not to be noticed.

Soft footsteps approached her, and someone settled beside her on the bed. Y/n's curiosity peaked, longing to switch on the light and reveal the identity of the person. Whoever it was remained silent, careful not to make a sound. "Are you sleeping?" the voice spoke softly, almost in a whisper, leaving Y/n unable to discern the speaker's identity.

She sensed the figure hovering above her, and then suddenly, the light flicked on, illuminating the room and causing her eyes to widen. "So you weren't sleeping?" a smirk played on his lips. She was utterly taken aback, caught in this vulnerable moment.

"Taehyung," she muttered, attempting to conceal her embarrassment. "I told you I would come," he reminded her, lying down beside her. She felt like she might faint from the unexpected proximity.

"Sleep," he urged gently when she sat up in surprise.

"Taehyung, are you doing this to tease me?" she asked, her cheeks flushed crimson. He looked at her with a teasing smile. "Of course not," he replied, pulling her close beside him.

"Kim Taehyung," she said without realizing, her tone filled with a mixture of surprise and affection. He smirked and turned to her.

"Yes?" he asked, his gaze holding a playful glint.

"I-I can't breathe," she admitted, her words coming out in a stammer.

"Do you want me to perform CPR?" he asked, lifting her chin with his forefinger. Her eyes widened, and she instinctively sucked in her lips, shaking her head in denial.

"D-don't trouble me like this...please," she pleaded, her heart racing and her stomach fluttering nervously. He gently stroked her hair and pulled her into a comforting hug as he turned off the light. In the darkness, she was certain he could hear the rapid beats of her heart.