Chapter 27

It was finally Jimin's birthday, and chaos reigned in the house. Jimin planned to do a Vlive from there too. Everyone, including myself, appeared happy, but my guilt weighed heaviest as I hadn't gotten him a gift despite having the means to do so.

The members arranged an array of delicacies on the table in front of the sofa where Jimin would start his Vlive.

Once he settled down and tidied his hair, the broadcast began. He joyfully interacted with the fans while I sat apart from the group, feeling a sense of nostalgia. Everything had changed so much for me. Back home, I would have watched him from the other side of the screen, but now I was seeing him up close.

"It feels like a dream. A beautiful dream," I mused quietly.

Suddenly, Jimin's eyes locked onto mine, as if he could sense my inner thoughts, catching me off guard.

"To all the ARMYs out there, I've received wonderful gifts from all the members and your heartfelt wishes. Thank you all so much. But I can't help but wonder if there's still someone out there with a surprise for me," Jimin remarked, shooting another glance in my direction. The mischievous smirk on his face added to his already irresistible charm, a moment I knew would soon flood social media platforms.

His words seemed to echo with a subtle implication directed at me, intensifying my growing sense of guilt with each passing second. As the Vlive drew to a close after an hour, I couldn't help but sympathize with the ARMYs; farewells were always difficult. My turn would come too, just not at this moment.

"Y/n, you know you could have joined us," J-Hope said, motioning to the empty space beside him. I stood up and made my way over.

"I just felt anxious," I admitted as I settled into the seat.

"Hmm, where's my present, Y/n?" he inquired, the question I had been anticipating for a while now, drawing everyone's attention towards me.

"I... I thought long and hard, but I didn't know what to give you. It seemed like you already have everything you want," I stammered. He pondered my words for a moment before slowly shaking his head.

"Not everything, though," he muttered quietly. I glanced at him, and the intensity in his gaze snapped me back to reality.

"What do you want, Jimin?" Taehyung chuckled, giving his friend a friendly pat on the back. Jimin grinned and rose from his seat.

"I want to date Y/n," he declared, sending shockwaves through the room. Even he seemed taken aback, his eyes widening in surprise after the words left his lips.

"What?" Yoongi scoffed, shooting him a disbelieving glare. He suspected Jimin had indulged in a bit too much alcohol.

"Jimina?" Taehyung chuckled nervously, his mouth slightly agape as he glanced at Jimin.

Please let this be a joke. Please.

I could sense everyone's eyes fixed on me.

"My friend, you seem a bit intoxicated," Taehyung intervened, rising from his seat and placing a hand on Jimin's arm. Jimin glanced at him, a smile spreading across his face.

"No, I'm not. I want Y/n," Jimin insisted, causing everyone to shift uncomfortably in their seats.

"Jimin—"

"I know it's wrong for me to feel this way when Taehyung loves her too, but I can't help it," he admitted, prompting concerned frowns from everyone in the room. All eyes turned to Taehyung, awaiting his response.

"That's enough, Jimin. Let's talk about this," Yoongi interjected, rising from his seat. Jimin took a step closer to him.

"You shouldn't hold back either, Hyung," Jimin asserted, causing Yoongi's face to blanch. It seemed he was about to reveal something about him.