Chapter 16

"Y/n, come out and eat," Taehyung knocked on the door rapidly, growing increasingly concerned when there was no response. "Y/n?" He continued, the worry evident in his voice. Hearing the commotion, Namjoon also woke and walked to her room. "Taehyung, it's six in the morning, what are you doing? Let her sleep," he said, trying to calm the situation.

"Hyung, we have to go to the arena, you know that, right?" Taehyung said urgently. "I know, why are you waking her up?" Namjoon asked, confused. "I thought she'd want to eat with us," Taehyung explained.

Namjoon looked at the closed door and then back at Taehyung. "She's sleeping, let her be," he advised. "Is she okay? She isn't responding," Taehyung inquired. Namjoon sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "How do you expect her to wake up at six? She must have been tired," he reasoned.

Y/n nods to herself and leans back against the door, sighing deeply. "I can't go out. They must be so mad at me," she mutters, running her hands through her hair in frustration. "I was supposed to be with them," she laments, looking up at the ceiling.

Everyone was eating, but Y/n's absence was palpable. "She's not up, I guess," Yoongi remarked, glancing at the empty spot where she usually sat. Taehyung nodded in agreement, while the rest of them also cast glances at the vacant seat. "I think she's ignoring us," Jungkook commented casually, taking a sip from his banana milkshake. "I agree," Jin chimed in solemnly.

"Should we talk to her?" Taehyung suggested, concern evident in his voice. "It's quite a shock for us as well. Let her be for a while," J-hope advised, his tone gentle. Jimin glanced upstairs towards her room, noticing that the door was still closed.

"Is she not going to join us then?" Jimin inquired, a tinge of disappointment in his tone. Namjoon let out a sigh. "We should go first. If she wants to join us, she can call us," he suggested, trying to find a balance between concern and maintaining boundaries. The others nodded in agreement, understanding the complexity of the situation. They weren't angry with her, but they also couldn't overlook what she had been reading about them.

After they left, she came downstairs and couldn't shake off the feeling of regret and self-blame. "What do I do now? I should have asked for their forgiveness," she murmured to herself, her steps heavy with the weight of her thoughts.

****

"What's going on?" Jimin inquired as Jungkook glanced at his phone. "She hasn't called us yet, I think," he remarked, raising his head from the device. Jimin nodded while taking a large sip of water. "When do we begin again?" he inquired, glancing at his wristwatch. "At 4," he replied.

Jungkook nodded, then turned to Jin and J-Hope, who were watching them. "Hyung," Jungkook began cautiously. "Jungkook, we're professionals. We can't let her absence affect our performance," J-Hope replied firmly, his disappointment evident as he recalled Jungkook's mistakes during practice.

"Sorry," Jungkook apologized again. "Personal feelings can be addressed later; the stage is important to us," Namjoon emphasized. "Y/n wanted to be with us today," Jungkook admitted quietly, his voice filled with remorse. They all exchanged glances, understanding the weight of the situation.

"We didn't ask her not to come, she's the one ignoring us," Yoongi pointed out. Jin intervened, "Okay, that's enough. It's time to get ready for the performance. Let's talk to her when we go back." With Jin's directive, they all nodded in agreement and made their way towards the makeup room.

"It's okay, y/n. I guess you're not that lucky," she sighed out while switching on the TV. She had been informed by them yesterday that their concert would be aired live. She decided to watch from home; going there was too embarrassing for her.

"They look so good," she muttered with a pout as they roamed about the soundcheck, all smiling brightly. "It's all my fault," she whined while smacking herself with the cushion.

Her phone buzzed suddenly, and she picked it up quickly. It was a text from Taehyung. "You're not coming?" he asked. She sat up straight, looking at the text with deep consideration.

"What should I write?" she pressed her lips into a thin line. "I'm sorry for yesterday," she sent the text hesitantly. It was seen immediately. "Let's talk about that later, we want to see you," he sent back.

Her heart skipped a beat upon reading that message. "We're waiting, be fast," he sent as a final message before walking to the stage, waving at the ARMYs. Y/n smiled happily, looked at the screen, and stood up.

" I should go." she ran to her room to get dressed.

****

Y/n arrived at the venue just as BTS began performing their third song. It was almost dusk as she rushed through the crowd, determined to get as close to the stage as possible. Just as Jungkook flashed a finger heart to the ARMYs, she reached the first row of people, closest to the stage.

They all paused for a moment when they caught sight of her, and she waved at them happily. They exchanged glances among themselves before returning her smile. Y/n cherished her night there as a member of the ARMY in the crowd, soaking in the energy of the concert.

Excitedly shouting, dancing, laughing, and shedding a few tears, she immersed herself in the concert experience until it came to an end. Her dream had come true, and she felt grateful for being in such a euphoric state. As BTS retreated to the dressing room, Jungkook signaled for her to follow them. With a heart full of joy, she climbed onto the stage and trailed behind them.

They all settled down on the sofa, fanning themselves and wiping away the sweat that drenched their clothes. When y/n entered the room and closed the door behind her, they all looked at her calmly. "Uh, that was great," she said, not quite sure how to start the conversation. "Thanks for this, Jungkook," she added, waving her army bomb.

They remained silent, and she began to feel increasingly uncomfortable. "I know I shouldn't have read that yesterday. Please forgive me, I won't do that again," she said, dropping to her knees and bowing down, even though she wasn't sure if she was doing it correctly.

They all looked at her with a displeased expression. "Get up," said Namjoon firmly. She looked at him nervously, finding it difficult to maintain eye contact with the sweaty Namjoon, who looked incredibly attractive at that moment. She obeyed his command and stood up, feeling even more flustered.

Namjoon walked towards her, his gaze intense and intimidating. "I'm sorry," she uttered nervously, feeling the weight of his stare. As he closed the distance between them, everyone in the room watched in shock. "What you did shocked us, but I understand it's natural for people to read that. However, it's different when you're with us," he stated firmly. She looked up at him with shaky eyes. "So, am I forgiven or not?" she asked, her voice trembling. He looked down at her, squinting his eyes, intensifying his already formidable presence.

"For now, yes, you are," Namjoon said. She sighed in relief and stepped away. "Thank you, thank you so much, and I won't read that again, I promise," she said, looking at each of them earnestly. They exchanged glances among themselves and smiled.

"Come here," Taehyung tapped the space beside him. She hesitantly moved toward him and sank into the seat. "It's okay," he said, patting her hair soothingly. She stilled and blinked abruptly. "You're such a good girl," he uttered in his raspy voice. Y/n gulped and smiled nervously. "Don't think anything else, Y/n, please," she chanted to herself because her mind was going to all sorts of places.

****