Chapter 21

( warning: light sexual content ahead!!)

Days passed without any change in Taehyung's demeanor towards me. His silence and avoidance left me feeling lost and uncertain, unable to discern whether he was upset or angry with me.

Jimin, too, seemed to notice the tension between us, his concern evident in his frequent attention towards me. He couldn't help but inquire about Taehyung's behavior, especially after the incident in the basement, knowing that Taehyung had taken me there.

Caught in the midst of Taehyung's silent treatment and Jimin's persistent questioning, I found myself grappling with the complexities of their emotions, unsure of how to navigate the situation.

"Y/n, you seem lost in thought," J-Hope remarked, settling into the seat beside me. I offered him a smile, trying to mask the fact that my mind was once again preoccupied.

"What's everyone else up to?" I inquired, hoping to divert my attention from my own concerns. J-Hope shrugged and let out a sigh.

"They're all doing their own thing, I suppose," he replied. I nodded in acknowledgment, though my mind continued to wander, grappling with the unresolved tension between Taehyung and me.

"What's wrong? You seem off," he remarked, studying me closely. I furrowed my brows and instinctively touched my cheeks. "What do you mean?" I inquired, puzzled, as I met his gaze.

"You've been quieter lately, and..." He leaned in, his voice dropping to a whisper. "... Taehyung appears to be upset with you. Why?" He questioned.

I responded with a nervous smile, rubbing the back of my neck. "Is that so? I hadn't realized he was," I admitted.

J-Hope leaned back, his gaze intense as he scrutinized me.

"You know you can confide in me if you two had a disagreement," he said earnestly. I nodded in acknowledgment.

"It's nothing serious. I'll speak with him if it's bothering you," I assured him with a smile. He pondered my response before rising to his feet and extending his hand towards me. I regarded his gesture with a questioning expression.

"Let's go then, he must be in his room," he suggested.

I gaped slightly at the suddenness of his proposal. "Now?" I asked, seeking clarification. He nodded enthusiastically, a smile spreading across his face.

Feeling a mix of surprise and determination, I took his hand and stood up, ready to accompany him.

"Go and talk to him. You know, when us members argue, we always talk about it later. That's what keeps us going strong. You should always talk things out," he advised, giving my hand a reassuring pat. I nodded, my heart fluttering nervously, and made my way to Taehyung's room.

He offered me an encouraging smile as I left.

Before stepping into his room, I paused, feeling hesitant. I was wary of upsetting him.

"Taehyung," I called out, my voice laden with effort. Glancing around the room, I searched for him, but he wasn't there. Just as I was about to retreat, he emerged from the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel and humming a tune. His demeanor shifted abruptly upon seeing me.

Nervously, I glanced around the room, feeling the weight of unspoken words pressing against my chest. As he caught sight of me, his expression hardened, and he approached. Stopping mere inches from me, he locked eyes with me, his familiar glare intensifying. Without uttering a word, he strode past me and opened his closet.

My gaze fell upon his broad back, tapering down to his waist, and overwhelmed with embarrassment, I turned away.

"Everyone is asking me why you're not talking to me," I stammered, met only with silence. He closed the closet and proceeded to his bed without sparing me a glance. A wave of fear washed over me; his complete disregard for my presence made me feel invisible. With hesitant steps, I approached his bed, where he sat, leaning against the headrest.