Chapter 17

While the boys were busy practicing for their performance the next day, Y/n was jumping around the place, attempting to mirror their dance moves, only to fall and hurt herself. When the boys had enough of her antics, they stopped and looked at her with questioning expressions.

She stopped at once and collapsed back onto the ground, panting softly. "Why is dancing so hard?" she panted, trying to take deep breaths. "You can't become a professional by mastering all the moves in one day," said Yoongi, taking a short walk away from the main stage. She nodded, stretching her legs.

"You guys work so hard," she said with a pout, massaging her toes. They all sat down around her while Yoongi came back with cream. "This will ease your pain," he said, sitting before her. She reached her hand to get it from him when he grabbed her legs and put them on his lap.

She looked at him in shock, as did the boys around her. "Don't go jumping around, you'll get hurt," Yoongi said, applying the cold gel to her ankle and toes. She gulped at his touch; his hands were soft, but when applying pressure, they became really strong.

"Thanks," she stammered. He looked at her with a cold glare. "I'm just making sure that we don't lose our water girl tomorrow. You'll be running for us a lot," he said with a smirk. Y/n pressed her lips into a thin line, understanding his sarcasm.

" you're cold as ever." she scoffs pulling her legs back. 

"Don't worry, y/n, he adores you a lot, I'm sure," said J-hope, laughing. Yoongi rolled his eyes at his words. "I only love myself," said Yoongi, standing up. "Well, no one talked about loving," y/n teased him, leaving him flustered.

"Okay, enough of this. Jungkook, you're helping me with cooking today," said Jin, standing up. Jungkook looked at him in surprise. "Me?" he asked. "Yeah, I want to cook with you today," Jin replied.

"Alright, I'll return after washing up," he said.

One by one, they all went to freshen up, and y/n followed suit. Afterward, she joined Jin and Jungkook in the kitchen to help. She was fascinated by Jin's culinary skills—his adeptness at cutting, slicing, stirring, and more. "I'm grateful I get to witness all of this," Y/n remarked as she watched him add meat to the ramyeon.

" You should learn this too, so when you go back, you can..." Jin paused abruptly, glancing at her for her reaction. "I mean..." He trailed off, his words faltering. "Y-yeah, why not," Y/n replied, attempting to ease the tension. Both Jungkook and Jin exchanged guilty looks as they continued cooking.

" What's with the mood here?" Jimin asked, his face reflecting surprise as he entered the kitchen. Jin turned to him, his expression blank. "Nothing, food is ready," announced Y/n, swiftly grabbing the cutlery from the drawer. Jimin nodded and proceeded to sit at the dinner table.

They all ate while chattering, but y/n remained mostly silent, lost in her own thoughts. She was absorbed in worries about the inevitable day when she would have to leave, knowing it would mark the end of her happiness. The realization that her time sharing space with her seven sunshines was not everlasting weighed heavily on her mind, causing her considerable distress as she dwelled on the sad possibilities of her fate.

The boys noticed it all but thought to address this later.

As night fell and darkness enveloped the surroundings, y/n remained in the living room, watching silently as the boys prepared to retire to their beds. She hadn't said much since dinner, and Jin and Jungkook assumed it was because of their earlier words. However, the truth was more complex.