Chapter 28

It had been two days since the incident, and it appeared that everyone was preoccupied with their own affairs. Y/n managed to distance herself from the group of boys, much to their disappointment. She remained mostly holed up in her room, even avoiding encounters with Taehyung. Whenever Yoongi caught sight of her, a sense of remorse washed over him. The words he uttered that day haunted him with regret each time.

"Hey, hyung, what's on the menu for lunch?" the youngest member queried upon entering the kitchen alongside BamBam. Yoongi glanced up from his laptop and simply shook his head.

"No one's cooked," he replied. Jungkook pouted and rummaged through the fridge for some side dishes.

"I'll handle it then," he quickly declared, and set about preparing the meal.

"Oh, by the way... when are you planning to apologize to Y/n?" he inquired, chopping some carrots. Yoongi momentarily froze before resuming his typing.

"Hyu-

"Keep your mouth shut while you cook, or I'll retreat to my room," Yoongi stated flatly, taking a sip from his glass. Jungkook scoffed and returned to his task, while Yoongi occasionally shot glances in the direction of her room.

He hadn't seen her in two whole days.

"I just want to leave now. I've had enough of this," Y/n muttered, slouching in a corner of her room and burying her face in her arms.

"They'll begin to resent me soon," she murmured tearfully.

"Please, God, send me back. Let them all live in peace, and make me remember everything. Please," she pleaded repeatedly, feeling a surge of energy afterward.

As she looked up, she sensed heat emanating from her body, causing her anxiety to spike. Staring at her hands, she realized with alarm that her figure was fading away.

"W-what's happening?" she murmured in terror, rising to her feet. Her eyes landed on the mirror, and her reflection appeared distorted, engulfed in blue flames.

"I-I didn't intend to vanish like this," she whispered, her steps faltering toward the door. But before she could grasp the handle, it swung open from the outside, sending her stumbling backward.

"Y/n!?"

Looking up, she discerned a blurred figure. As she strained her eyes, she identified Yoongi.

"Hey, what's going on with you?" He embraced her, his voice trembling with fear. She managed a bittersweet smirk and leaned her head against his chest.

"I-I think... I'll go back now or... just... die, like you wished," you muttered, your voice trembling. He shook his head, gripping your hands tightly.

"N-No, I didn't mean it, I didn't," his own voice quivered.

"Taehyung!?"

"Jungkook!?" He called out in a loud, fearful tone. You flinched as something wet fell onto your cheeks. It was his tears.

"I-I'm frightened," you murmured, clutching onto his shirt tightly.

"...Yoongi—"

"Please, stay with me, don't g-go. Please," he broke into sobs. You wanted to wipe his tears, but you felt numb, your hands refusing to move. You weren't even sure if they were visible anymore. You felt yourself being drawn somewhere by a tremendous force, the experience painful and terrifying.