Zeke Yeager - Daddy's Girl

Summary: During one uneventful afternoon, you get home from work earlier than your family was expecting and the first thing you see is your husband, Zeke, with bows on his beard and makeup on his face.

Warnings: pregnancy announcement.

"It will be $9.52 at the first window," the teenage girl on the other sound of the metal box says. You remove your car from park and drive forward to the designated spot for payment, the employee's tired eyes meeting yours as you hand her your card.

While she is dealing with the transaction, you pick up your phone that once blended with the leather seat of the car. The brightness is a little higher than you would have liked for it to be so it takes you a couple of seconds to adjust, in the background is a picture of your husband and your daughter.

You smile at the image for a few seconds before the window opens again, the teenager handing you the card back, in response you smile and thank her, handing her a five-dollar bill as a nice gesture and wishing her a good night while you drive towards the next spot.

From your lap, you hear a familiar ding coming from the mobile device and you recognize it as a text message from Zeke. Before you even have enough time to pick up your phone, the car's automatic system is already reading the message out loud to you.

"We have the most stubborn three-year-old and I honestly have no idea where this girl gets it from but probably from you, lol. Anyway, how's work?"

You smile, knowing full well your daughter is the perfect copy of him, down to the emotional state and everything. So you decide that you won't be telling him that you got off work earlier than usual nor that you are getting them their favorite fast food.

Giggling to yourself with excitement coursing through your veins, you text back, "Dreadful, I have another meeting in five minutes. Send me pictures of our daughter please!" You request and within seconds, he obliges, sending you a picture of the blonde little girl with pink bows on her hair, very poorly done but you won't say a thing about it.

What Zeke didn't realize is that he has, in fact, sent a live picture. So you press down on the image, watching the short clip unfold before your eyes. At the very end, you catch a small glimpse of blonde and pink hair, and you can't help but allow a puzzled expression to take over your features.

"Wait, what?" You say to yourself, looking over your shoulder to make sure that the employee hasn't come around with your food yet. You press on the screen once more and there it is, the pink-colored bow that you recognized from your child's collection, it sticks out to you because it is her favorite, so much that she happens to have two of it.

Your heart nearly skips a beat as blood rushes through your cheeks, turning them bright red immediately. A sudden wave of love for him courses through your veins and you can't help but smile at herself as you patiently wait for your food.

"Here you go!" The employee exclaims and you smile at her, wishing her a good night.

Before driving away, you finally check the bag, realizing that everything is in there and it's time to drive home. You don't even realize you are going over the speed limit as your feet happily press down on the gas pedal. The idea of seeing Zeke, your grown-ass, 6'0" husband with bows on his head was enough to send your heart ablaze, even after thirteen years of being together.

When you pull into the driveway, you make sure to turn off your headlights, trying to make yourself as invisible as possible so your family won't notice your presence too early. You tiptoe towards the door, only to be welcomed by the overly excited Maltipoo. To shut him up before he has the chance to ruin the surprise, you reach inside the bag you are carrying to throw him a couple of french fries. Luckily, he gladly follows the scent of the food and immediately pays you no mind anymore.