Reiner Braun - Sweet Like You

Summary: While going shopping for a picnic date with Reiner, you find that you quickly get distracted.

Warning: NSFW!

-

Sunlight pours through the gaps in poorly-covered awnings above the bustling marketplace. Large sheets and wooden slats cast shadows across the walkway ahead of you, and you grip the strong hand in yours as you wander past vendors of all types.

Reiner squeezes your hand and glances a smile in your direction as the two of you wander past booths filled with fruits and vegetables stacked high.

A particularly appealing apple catches your eye, and you stop to pick it up.

"We should get some for our date," you announce, and hold it below your nose to sniff, "These are perfect. Here, smell."

Reiner's eyes widen when you shove the fruit in his face, but he does take a whiff.

"You should get some," he tells you.

Your eyebrow shoots upwards. "Plural?"

Reiner nods. "As many as you'd like."

A wide smile on your face, you select five of the most attractive looking options. Reiner hands a bill to the shopkeeper beside the stand, and the stout mustachioed man nods his gratitude.

When the two of you continue on, you link your elbow in his.

"We should get something for you, too. Do you see anything that catches your eye?"

He cranes his head as he surveys the different baskets. "Not particularly."

"Well we can't just have five apples!" you insist, tugging on his arm. "You must choose something you like, or else it wouldn't be fair."

Reiner smirks. "What about something more like you?"

Immediately, something hot and dangerous begins to stir within you.

"Oh," you stutter, "like m-me?"

He freezes, and his arm beneath yours turns hard as stone. A slight blush crosses his face.

"Sweet, like you, I mean!" Reiner scrambles, "I meant like a pastry or something from the baker's corner! You know, like a donut! Or – or a cupcake!" He avoids your gaze as he rambles on, but this just makes you clutch him tighter.

"That's a shame," you tell him, voice low. Reiner cocks an eyebrow questioningly at you while you scan your surroundings. Behind the bustle of the marketplace stands the glass-paned storefronts of several popular cafes and restaurants, and between two of them, was a thin yet dark alleyway. Bingo.

"There are usually delivery trucks back there," you continue, "and nobody will be coming out in the alleys until after lunch is over anyway."

Reiner shakes his head, his blush spreading.

"This is way too public. Not worth it. What if someone sees?"

As you pass a booth with different types of bread and rolls spread out across wooden trays, you stop to sniff the freshly-baked bread.

"Then let's go behind something." You poke a small loaf of bread close to you, and toss it in the basket after a moment's contemplation. A moment later, you grab a chocolate croissant wrapped in a little piece of paper.

Reiner hands the baker a bill, and nods his thanks to her.

"Okay... And if someone hears us?" he murmurs when he catches up to you.