Eren Yeager - Long Distance From You

Summary: After a rough day at work, all you want to do is be alone but your long-distance boyfriend Eren has other plans.

-

The sound coming from the radio is low. Your hands still rest on the wheel though you parked five minutes ago. You try your hardest to stop the stubborn tears that roll down your face with little to no success.

Your mind wanders back to the heated argument you had just gotten out of with your boss. The man, who you had known since before you joined the company, had made some kind of offensive comment and you would not let it go lightly.

Though anxious, you still decided it was worth defending the things you believe in and what is right. The man's eyes widened when you first confronted him, saying how his words affect those around you.

His words were harsh as he explained how out of line you are and the conversation went on for longer than you had planned, ending with you getting suspended from a job you love more than anything in this world and still feeling diminished by a man you once respected.

You can't breathe. The world keeps moving around you while you seem to be stuck in a loophole of sadness and anger. Your hands trembling as your nails dig through the wheel, unable to move past this incident.

A funky ringtone fills the car and brings you back from the dark place you had been in. You wipe the tears from your face to accept the third video call in a row from your long-distance boyfriend, Eren.

"Hey." You say, speaking in a brittle form while forcing a smile to the camera and he immediately stops in his tracks, knowing exactly what that face meant. Eren has been by your side since you first started the job so he can tell when something is wrong.

"Mr. Tybur didn't take it well when you talked to him, did he?" He asks and your eyes begin to fill with tears once again. You recline on the seat while looking outside the window into your house, feeling as if you are unworthy of the life you have been given.

"Nope." This is all you are able to respond with before covering your face with your hands, hiccups erupting from you abruptly.

"Oh, Y/N." He says. His voice is low and gentle, nearly like a whisper. "I am so sorry. I know how much you practiced so that conversation would go well."

"I'm not really sure what happened." You say before feeling as your throat closes up, tears welling up in your eyes before pouring down your face like the cold rain that falls outside. "I had him one minute and then the other he was yelling and suspending me."

"This isn't your fault." He says, certainty present in his words. "I have to hang up but I'll talk to you soon, ok? Go inside, take a shower and get some food. I'll call you before bed."

"Ok." You whisper in response, hearing a muffled I love you coming from the other side of the phone before the bibbing enters your ears.

You take a deep breath, finally being able to pull yourself together merely enough to get out of the car. You stand in the rain for a few seconds, allowing your tears to get mixed with the water that falls from the sky.

With great difficulty, you are able to place the key in its designated hole. Finally entering the house, the silence is no longer comforting, and instead what takes its place is a disturbing sensation.

You throw the keys into a delicate ceramic bowl and the sound echoes through the empty hallways of the house. The bag that once rested on your shoulders is now thrown to the floor as if it weighs nothing.

Silently, you turn on the lights to the bathroom before turning on the running water, hearing as the liquid splashes against the surface and feeling the steam cloud the entire room. It takes you a few minutes, maybe even hours, to get out of the bath. Time escapes from within your grasp and all you can do is cry.