Pieck Finger - Stay (Even If Just For Tonight)

Prompt: "Can you stay? Just for tonight, please. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts.""I'll stay for as long as you need."

-

"Rain. Again." You think to yourself as you watch the cars drive by outside the window. The water splashes against the grass and it creates piles of mud, another thing you aren't too fond of.

It wasn't uncommon for a certain type of depression to come crashing over you during rainy days and Pieck knew it all too well. So she always made a point to come over to your house and spend most of the day with you before she had to go back to work.

"Love, stop looking outside." She says in a sweet voice as she enters the room, a tray in her hand that holds two mugs filled with some warm tea she had just recently made. "Come sit on the couch with me."

"It's the third day in a row that it has been raining." You reply, adjusting the blanket that covers your legs. "The once beautiful blue sky has been gray for so long that I now feel like it's a part of who I am."

"Y/N, it's going to be fine if you just stop looking out the window." Pieck replies as she tries to hold back a giggle. She is the only one who can deal with you in these dramatic times.

"Oh but these dark days cloud my soul." You begin your dramatic speech once more but she raises her hand, immediately forcing you to shut yourself up.

"I have chocolate chip cookies, come cuddle with me." She says and immediately a spec of light returns to your eyes.

But before you could have time to stand up, a loud thunder came crashing down and suddenly, all the power was gone. Not only at yours but at every other house around the neighborhood, the darkness swallows it all whole.

A yelp makes its way past your lips and you can't help but curl yourself into a small ball, throwing a blanket over your head much like a scared little kid.

Gently, Pieck places down the tray and walks over to you, arms wrapping around your body as she tightly squeezes you. Her head rests on your back and she doesn't let you go until you have stopped shaking, which takes a few minutes.

"It's ok, you're safe in my arms." She repeats quietly, hands traveling up and down your back in the hopes of giving you any sort of comfort.

The wind outside becomes stronger and you can see the light post the fell to the ground, causing the blackout. Leaves fly from the trees in a similar way as if they were running away, branches hit the window and the sound makes your heart race.

Though soon, you give into Pieck's warm embrace and allow her to comfort you. The sound of her breathing covers the loud bangs coming from outside and the tightness of her hug washes away every negative feeling you have at the moment.

Carefully not to startle you, she takes your hand. Her fingers are still pruney from the dishes she was doing not too long ago but they are still soft. Gently, Pieck manages to get you to stand up and guides you towards the blue couch.

The blanket that once covered your legs now hits the floor and a cold breeze hits your now exposed skin. You can't help but shiver in response.

Once you are seated, she reaches for the cloth that was once wrapped around your legs as you were sitting on the window and, with all the love in the world, she covers you with the blanket, though you miss the feeling of her body against yours.

After that, Pieck turns on the flashlight on her phone while she searches

It doesn't take her long to sit beside you once more. She picks up one of the mugs and purses her lips together, blowing the steam away before taking a long sip out of its content. She hums delighted once the flavor takes over her taste buds.

"You should try it. It's your favorite." She says, pointing towards the mug with a drawing of your favorite cartoon character on it. You smile, noticing the small details she went through to make sure you have a nice afternoon.

"Thank you, Pieck." You reply and she nods, taking a bite out of one of the cookies. "Chocolate chip you said?"

"Yes, I baked some before I came over, so they are somewhat fresh." Pieck responds with a smile of her own. Some crumbs fall onto her lap and she sighs, swiping them away with the back of her hand.

"Pieck." You whisper, averting your gaze. You can feel as her curious eyes watch your every movement and a few rebellious tears begin to burn in your eyes. "Can you stay? Just for tonight, please. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts."

"I'll stay for as long as you need." She responds, her fingers slowly traveling through your cheeks all the way down to your chin as she turns your head, ever so gently forcing you to look at her. "I love you."

"I love you too." You respond in a heartbeat.

"So what shall we do with the rest of our day?" Pieck asks, take another sip out of her tea.

"We could make a fire and cuddle in front of it." You offer and her eyes light up. She immediately stands, rushing towards the fireplace and picking out wood, always careful not to trip over her own skirt.

You giggle at her excitement, following closely behind in the hopes of assisting her. You grab the matches while she places all the necessary ingredients to make a fire in their designated spot by the fireplace.

Once lit, you bring a few chairs together and unused bed sheets molding it all in the shape of a pillow fort. While you adjust everything inside, Pieck rushes to the kitchen to begin preparing some basic snacks such as chips, more cookies and something to drink, other than the tea of course.

When you are finally inside the fort, you realize that all the pillows muffle away the sound of the rain and you feel a little more soothed.

You settle yourself underneath a blanket and immediately your body warmth draws Pieck closer. She smiles at you constantly, a beautiful smile you could never get tired of seeing. As she nuzzles herself against you, you pull up your phone to watch an episode of your favorite show, the one you never had time to watch together.

When she moves, you can see the mark of her body engraved on the sheets and it is enough to make you smile. Pieck lays her head on your shoulder while her arm wraps around your waist, pulling you close to her.

The brightness from the cellphone illuminates the small tent while the lightning outside causes the whole room to light up. At every clap of thunder, you dig your nails into Pieck's skin gently and begin to shake, much like a puppy but she is understanding and wants nothing more than to help you.

So Pieck strokes your hair until you have calmed down and the cycle repeats itself again when another clap of thunder fills the air.

Eventually, the storm becomes a lot lighter than it once was and you are finally able to catch some sleep. In the middle of the night, you wake yourself up clutching the air and you realize that Pieck is gone.

Tears now shine brightly in your eyes as your heart sinks in your chest. You make your way outside of the tent only to find Pieck sitting by the spot near the window where you were once seated.

"I thought you left..." Your voice cracks and her head immediately snaps back to look at you, her arms wide open to receive you.

"Of course not." She whispers, taking you in. "I just love to watch the rain."

"I love you so much, Pieck." You whisper, planting a kiss on her cheek. In response to your actions, she blushes and looks away, though a smile still remains on her lips.

"I love you too." She responds, placing a gentle kiss on your nose. She proceeds to spread her legs, opening up the perfect spot for you to spend the night.

In her arms, you roll over to watch the raindrops that race among each other to see which one will fall first and maybe, just maybe you realize that the rain isn't so bad, not as long as you have Pieck by your side.