Levi Ackerman - Late Night Lullaby

Summary: After a failed mission beyond the walls, you find yourself being unable to sleep. Lucky for you, the door to Levi's office is always open.

-

Another day, another failed mission outside the walls. Except this time you could still feel the titan's strong grip around your waist, pulling your body towards its massive mouth.

The cold sweat mixed with the drops of rain drips down your face, a bit of blood warming them up. If it wasn't for Levi, at this time you would not even be here, you would be inside the titan's stomach, your body dissolving before it is thrown back up.

Levi has always made sure you came back alive from every mission, even when you were still in the cadet corps. He would always look for you amongst the dead bodies and, once he noticed you weren't there, he silently hoped that you were alive and not lost somewhere..

You've gotten close to death a good few times but something about this one was different. Maybe how close you actually got to being swallowed or because the only reason you nearly died is because of your own mistakes, either way the fear and guilt are still present in your mind.

Days have passed since then but the horrors you see when you close your eyes are very much still there.

When you realize it is yet again past curfew and you can't close your eyes without being filled with a concerning amount of panic, you decide to head towards Captain Levi's office in the hopes that he would be able to provide you with any form of comfort.

Quietly, you knock on the door a few times in a familiarly rhythmic way to let him know you are the one on the other side.

"Come in." His voice is quiet but firm.

When you open the door, you are received by the image of Levi's face being illuminated by the candles. His hair is messy, like he has been running his fingers through it in an attempt to focus, the bags underneath his eyes telling you the story of how he hasn't slept in days.

"You look like shit." You say and he rolls his eyes, placing down the papers that once rested in his hands as he turns his head to look at you.

But before he has the time to call you a brat or say anything teasingly in return, he notices the tears in your eyes and the slight tremble on your bottom lip and hands. He sighs heavily before standing up, heading towards his unused bed.

You don't have time to say another word before he wraps you in his blanket, covering you from your head to your toes. You smirk among the tears and you can feel his arms wrapping around you as he places your face on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" He asks, smelling your skin through the cloth of the blanket.

"I can't close my eyes anymore." You say, nuzzling your face against him. Levi lets out a sigh and you can feel as he picks you up. Your head rests on one of his arms while your feet tangle from the other one.

You yelp but he doesn't say anything. Instead, he takes you towards his bed and places you as gently as he possibly can as if you were a doll made out of thin porcelain.

He places your head on the cold surface of the pillow and you clutch to his shirt, puppy eyes desperately pleading for him to not leave you alone. Levi plants a soft kiss on your hand before bringing his hand to your face.

His thumb brushes against the tears that stream down your cheeks and he whispers, "You're going to be ok. I'll be right back with something that might help soothe your nerves."

When the door opens, a cold air current comes from the hallway made of stone and a chill travels down your skin. You pull Levi's blanket tightly above your chest while looking for any kind of support in his absence.